Saturday, June 8, 2019

Blustery day!

It's a beautiful, sunshiny, blustery day here in northern Minnesota. My favorite kind of weather, though I'm aware it's probably blowing up a thunderstorm for tonight. I love it when the sun glints off of the oak leaves and the wind wooshes, even a little violently, through the treetops. Too bad you can't really capture it with my camera!

I took a 3 mile walk yesterday. I had planned on 2 1/2 miles, but miscalculated, lol. That's probably as long as I'll go for a walk. It just takes so long! I find myself counting footsteps instead of enjoying the experience. I guess that's just my type of brain or something. I look forward to uninterrupted time talking to the Lord, but my mind quickly zones out. Well, each day is a new chance to try again! :)
And, of course, we can talk to the Lord at all times. Not just during a planned time. It just seems like a walk would be a peaceful time to commune with Him.

I'm currently working on a swap called "Whimsical Wonderland" (as in Alice). The cards must be hand drawn and painted. I haven't done much drawing and painting lately, so this sounded like a good swap to try. These cards aren't finished, but I thought I'd show where I'm at with them. They will have ink outlines, and I'll finish up the painting as well. I'll post again when they're done. This is what I was doing at my little desk yesterday. (I haven't decided on a character to put on the chanterelle mushroom card.)



Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and summer! See you in the blogs!
Shalom.

4 comments:

  1. A 3 mile walk? I am impressed!
    Nice Atc's. When I see your creations I wish I could draw/paint. I have a dear friend who finds embroidering a peaceful pastime. I can't do that either. Oh well. Guess I'll go bake a Brownie. I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, I really can feel this beautiful warm moving air around you these days. A great time for Christians this weekend, too, and this weather can easily send the SPIRIT, - - - you know.

    You new watercolours are very fine, its a present to see, how you play so free and lightful with the watercolours!

    Best greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the difference between a 2-mile and 3-mile walk -- the 3-mile is 50% longer and that is a lot to add all at once! Maybe as much for the mind as for the body ;-)

    In ancient times I would walk and walk and walk, and I realized that the time went so much faster if I listened to a book while walking -- UNlike stopping to take pictures! -- and once, I think only once, I went out with a "diskman" and the connections kept loosening and I couldn't hear the story. Very frustrating.

    I just remembered, I did do this with my phone a couple of times, when I was walking where other people weren't, just holding my phone in my hand, when I was desperate to get to the end of some book.

    I almost always pray on my walks; I don't think I could do that without rote prayers such as Psalms and others from our prayer book, and St. Patrick's Breastplate. But real prayer is a struggle and even with those it is very hard to keep my mind where I want it. This morning I was so distracted by the heat that I completely forgot to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, I loved looking back thru your posts and seeing all the great photos. The children, the beautiful birds. I hope you are doing well. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)