Thursday, July 18, 2019

Posting again so soon? Wow!

Another fine day in the upper half of Minnesota! A little rain earlier, and then this evening I did some lawn mowing, which I'm counting as my exercise for the day. :) Day before yesterday (Tues.) I walked 2 miles with a very steep hill part. I'm feeling it in my gluts the last two days. Somehow I missed walking yesterday. It seems like days just whiz by and I look at my calendar and see I haven't walked, and I thought I did! Anyway, I'm doing pretty well in that department.

I joined a PAT swap (Pick-a-Theme). As you all probably know, that means that there are several groups of 5 people. The group I joined has to hand-draw/hand-paint their cards. Each person requests a certain theme. So, we each end up making four cards. One for each member except ourselves. These are what I ended up making.



While walking next door to Micah's today I spied these flowers. Never knew they were there before!
I picked three and left one to hopefully drop some seeds.
 I've never seen Columbines in this stage of making seed pods. So cool!

Right next to these was a little raspberry bush full of berries. Forgot to take a picture, but I ate one of the berries. I was saving the rest to show Nathan. :)

Today is Audrey's birthday. She's eight! I gave her a pretty illustrated book of Enchanted Stories by Usborne. She's been reading chapter books like crazy, but said she missed having pictures to look at. The book I gave her has beautiful illustrations and lots of well known stories like The Secret Garden and many others. I also found an I Spy game that they really were having fun with. This evening they were going to the county fair and out to eat. She's quite a gal!


I just finished reading this book:
I made the mistake of taking it along to the physical therapist today to read while he had me hooked up to one of his gadgets. I was sitting next to a young man, and I was having a hard time not laughing out loud. I figured Tom Bodett must be so old he had probably gone on to glory by now. But it turns out he was only 30 years old when he wrote this book in 1986! He's my age! I'm glad to know such a nice man is probably still alive and kicking in Homer, Alaska. I marvel at how a 30 year old could have so much wisdom!

I'm also reading this book, and really loving it.
Just goes to show, you can find some good stuff at the library book sale!

In other news, Josh's car is dead as a door nail. So, now to figure out what to do. He'll have to pay it off and get another car somehow. Thankfully, he doesn't seem as stressed as he was, now that all is revealed. He's looking into options. Prayers appreciated.

I visited my doctor about the continuing tingling in my left arm, which remains even though my shoulder feels better. He's arranging for an MRI to see what's up. Did I tell you this already? I'm still awaiting a call from the hospital to set up an appointment. Meanwhile, I'll continue therapy.I'm not in great pain or anything. They just don't think I should go around with a tingling arm, I guess, lol.

Well, that's all I really had to say at the moment. And when you've said all you have to say you should probably stop talking, right?  Ha ha!

Thanks for stopping by, fine people.
Much shalom to you all!

4 comments:

  1. M. used to love those I Spy books and we spent many an hour on the porch swing looking for things which I must say I hardly ever found first. Happy Birthday to Audrey. 8 is a lovely age to be.
    Too bad about Josh's car. I hope he can find a decent one for a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice about the cards, the gifts and your dear grands!!! Tingling in the arm. My parents pastor just had surgery in his neck I think because there was I think a disk problem and that caused him to have tingling and weakness in one arm. Do get that MRI. I am so glad you are paying attention to how you are feeling (including physically). Take care of your self and let us know what you find out! I am going to say a prayer for you about this tonight!!! and that Josh can find a good car at a good price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about Josh's car :( That's discouraging news. I hope something works out for him soon, something better. And I'm sorry about your arm! Again, I hope it turns out to be nothing worrisome. I am happy though that all of you are up there together, and there is emotional support through the tough days. Your PAT cards are cute, esp. the turtle and the mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)