Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Another mug...

Well, I'm not really collecting mugs or roosters, but I seem to be getting quite a diverse collection anyway! My sons gave me two ceramic rooster cookie jars back in their teens, along with a matching salt and pepper shaker, and now I have this mug that I found at the thrift store. It was the colors that caught my eye, but I like the rooster, too.

I'm doing this on my iPad, and not loving the hunt and peck typing. I may just add another photo and then go to my laptop to finish the text. I do like taking photos with the iPad and adding them here.

I made a little arrangement of wild flowers. It's hard to find nice flowers. Most of them are on the decline. It's COLD today. The high should be 62! I added a "sprig" of raspberry bush to fill in for flowers that I had to remove.



We've had some rain and are expecting more today.

Dear son, Josh, and family packed up and headed back to Kentucky over the weekend. Josh's business is picking up enough that he thinks they can make it financially back in Kentucky where they can find better medical help for the family. If they stayed here they would have to move closer to Minneapolis, and would be isolated from family, which they really need for support. So, they're back at his in-laws while they look for a place there. Hopefully this will be a permanent move. They've tried so many things to take care of a lot of complex medical and mental health issues. Josh's work in bookkeeping and copy writing is going well. He's getting lots of work and that's a real blessing! He's a good writer, and that's what he does mostly. I'm praying for continued success in that and some quiet time to do that creative work. Also, for all of the other complexities of his family's way of life.

Things are very quiet and peaceful  here. I've given the house a cleaning and now I'm beginning to paint walls. I started this project back in February but couldn't continue until now.

My windows are open in anticipation of painting later, which is making it bracingly cold in here. Adam hasn't fired up the woodstove yet. It's AUGUST after all. Shouldn't need it yet! So, I'll add some layers and soldier on.

My deli friends and I are getting together tomorrow for lunch. Haven't seen them in a couple of months. It should be fun. We're going to a little Italian restaurant just 5 miles from me. I've never been there, so I'm  hoping the food is good. :)

Stay warm or cool, depending on your location!
Shalom, my friends and family!

5 comments:

  1. that is a darling rooster! I do hope that Josh and family get the help they need in KY and that they can settle down there as hoped. a big HUG to you, transitions and family coming and going is never easy. I hope you get some rest, it's not been easy for you in all of this. another Big HUG!!! God bless you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mug with the colourful rooster has very Fallish tones. Perfect for this time of year.
    I'm hoping things work out for Josh and his little family. Meanwhile you can get back to life-as-it-was-before they came to live with you. Happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This roster-cup is really VERY fine!

    As Mother and Grandma you always pray for all your children and think of them, helping and hoping. So I hope with you for a good situation for Josh and his family. They are so brave!

    Slowly autumn comes nearer, lets see, what the new season will bring . Here we have some southern days, we enjoy so very much. I dreamed of lovely snowflakes, and when I awoke, I prayed half sleeping: Thank you, LORD, for this beautiful snow! :)

    many greetings and blessings from Dorifrom the Bavarian forest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that will be a big change for you! God bless them!

    It's good to see you are seeing to your soul's needs by walks and flowers in the house, and good books to read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 62 degrees for a high??!! That's amazing. I cannot wait for those temps here. We are still quite hot. I want to do yard work, but can't tolerate the heat and humidity.
    I'm so, so glad Josh's work is going well! That's an encouragement. It's hard for young families these days to find their way and settle down. May this be a good move for them. Enjoy your sprucing up of the home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)