Monday, June 28, 2021

Catching up...

Life goes on as usual. Micah is beginning to have weekly midwife checkups. Baby could come any time. Prayers for an uneventful delivery would be appreciated. :)

We've finally had a few days of good rain to break our drought. Thank you, Lord!

I've been doing a lot of reading, ATCing and exploring the world via YouTube. I'm still reading the Charles Krauthammer book, though I snuck in a little fiction, too. I've also gotten in some walks. Yesterday I walked 2 miles instead of my usual one. This was on the trail that runs past my old farm. I wanted to go a little farther down that trail since I hadn't done that for a long time. 

So, nothing out of the ordinary to speak of. I have a pile of paperwork, brochures, etc. concerning Medicare Supplements. I'm approaching 65, so I suppose I should do my homework. I don't want to. But I probably will. Some things in life just aren't exciting, are they? :)

I guess I mainly need to catch up on my card photos, just for my record.  So here goes! 

These were for the Plants swap. Pretty broad theme. Trees are my favorite plants. :)


These are all starter cards I sent out for the Continuous Random Round-Robin. I guess I forgot to take photos of the 2's and Aces. 





This swap was called Leftovers Again? The idea is to send in any extra "leftover" cards you made for other swaps and didn't use. I never make extra cards, so I made some fresh leftovers, ha ha.

And since the 17-year cicadas are in the news right now, someone had to have a Cicada Life swap.

The Butterflies Flutter By swap...

And I think this was just an open theme swap. Anything goes!

Here's another little work of art!
I heard a loon the other day on my walk. It always makes me think of this little quote from Audrey. (Seven years ago, when she was three.)
Y'all have a wonderful summer day! God's blessings, protection and provision for you and your loved ones. I'll be by to see you later!
Shalom!


4 comments:

  1. My best wishes for the young mother and the soon coming baby! Blessings to them! I see the children grow so fast - so we become elder - - - and maybe wiser?

    Thank you for your fine blessings at the end of this nice picture-post! I see everything is in peace around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh leftovers. Haha. One day you might show step by step how you create some of the ATC's that you make. I always look at them and wonder. I have made some but mine were very simple and involved glue and washi tape.
    I'm trying to keep cool here with our awful heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad for your rain! We never get any rain in the summer so we just wait through the summer dryness. The rainless summers make for nice camping in California, that's one thing good.

    Can't wait to hear about your new grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoever thought up the cicada swap is a genius! What a fun swap. Your cards as always are just wonderful. You have such a fresh touch. Good on ya for literally going that extra mile on your walk! That's a long walk! Since you like YouTube (me too, for many crafts and such), maybe listen to some good YouTubers about the Medicare stuff. They were helpful for me when husband was wondering about those Medicare Supplement plans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)