Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Some artwork...

Apparently, my camera decided to just reset itself to take huge pictures, which means I can't post them on my ATC site without going to a photo editor and resizing them. Instead, I'm just going to post them here and put a link at the ATC site. SO, that's all that's going on here at the moment!:)

These are for the Whimsical Faces swap...


 And these are for an APC (Artist Playing Cards) swap. These are made using a playing card as the background. The number and suite are left exposed, but you can collage or paint over as much of the rest as you want to.

Here are a bunch of playing cards I picked up cheap at the thrift store because I loved the vintage art on them. I planned to make cards like those above with them, or just give them as extra gifts to other ATC players, but I found out that they are BRIDGE cards; not POKER cards, so they can't be used. They are 1/4 inch too narrow! I'm thinking that rule needs to be changed since we make ATCs in all sorts of shapes and sizes these days. But I can still give them away as collage materials. I did "accidentally" pick up one pack of Poker cards, which I used for the above APCs.
 This is the cool old case those cards came in, along with some Canasta score sheets. (More good collage materials!) A lot of these cards are in really bad shape, so I don't feel so bad about breaking up the sets.
 I'm sure I'll hang onto some of these for actually playing cards with the grands.(Probably not the sexy swimsuit girls, ha ha.)
On the house constructing scene, here's a pic of the yard which Adam and his dad have dug up to lay pipes for sewer, water and heat (which comes from an outdoor woodstove, which you can see next to the barn). It takes a lot of huge digging in our sandy soil so trenches don't collapse before you can get the pipe laid. Most of this has already been back-filled. This was a while ago. Glenn, I'll try to get some updated photos. ;)

Jordan and Brooke have also been doing "housework" on their 1950's ranch house in Fort Worth. Here are some pics they posted after refinishing floors. There was a video touring the whole house, because they've actually finished all of the floors, but I didn't know how to put that here. The picture here is one of the bedrooms, I think, where the floors and painting are finished. The others show how damaged the floors were.

 Actually, I'm not sure if the walls have been painted here or not. I can't see them that well. But the floor is done! :) They're having fun.
Well, I'm going to call that good. Typing from the library. Micah had new tires put on her van this morning, so I met her in town and we took the babies to breakfast while we waited. Now I'm doing a few errands on my own. Hope everyone's enjoying their autumnal weather. It's pretty nice here today!

God bless us, every one!
Shalom.

9 comments:

  1. That third lady in your group of faces- what has she just seen? I think it's something yummy to eat! It's getting colder here now- definitely the end of Autumn and the start of an Irish winter. Time to get serious about cosy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I was just going for that "oooo" look. Cozy is good! Let's do it! :)

      Delete
  2. fun!!! lots of progress on houses/homes! fun art! :) one never knows what one will find at the store! :) Hope you are having a good day today!!! God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always something going on.
    I love hardwood floors; they give such a clean look to a room. Ours could do with some refinishing but doing that in a lived-in house is the absolutely dustiest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful colours in your art! It's a happiness to know a soul like you, light and fun in the heart even in difficult situations! I think, this is a lesson, children give us.

    The grey walls look really good.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving the kind comments. I enjoyed seeing your charming ATCs. I have a notebook of ATCs I got in swaps years ago. I kept them although I don't really have the space now and don't know what to do with them. I'd hate to toss someone's art. I gave one notebook of ATCs to a friend. Maybe she'd like this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet she'd love it! I think my grandkids would like my old albums just for looking at and maybe playing with in some way. I'll leave that up to their creative minds, lol.

      Delete
  6. We had a dreary, rainy day today, but otherwise the days have been love and fallish. It's so, so exciting to see the work on your new home!! I LOVE watching a new house being done, so it will be grand fun to watch as yours comes together. So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun artsy stuff! I've been away from watercolors for too long, but fall and winter make it easier to do! Exciting house-y stuff! Laying pipe up north requires depth so they don't freeze.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)