Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Greetings from Micah's place!

Hi y'all!

I'm back at Micah's. She and the littlest two are at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), so I'm checking all the places I check online. I'm hoping to watch an episode of Call the Midwife when I'm finished online. The kids have Netflix, so I try to watch something occasionally when I'm here alone. I asked Micah if she'd watched this particular show since she's interested in being a midwife. She said she tried it because some of her friends like it, but she didn't get into it. I think people probably like it partly because of the English context, and my Anglophilia didn't rub off on  her. Ha ha. Having said that, I haven't actually watched an episode yet, so I won't go on as if I know if I like it or not! Do any of you watch it?

Fall is definitely here. We're losing some leaves and mornings are in the upper 30's or low 40's. Getting out the flannel shirts and sweaters! Everything is still pretty green. I'm loving it!

I'm checking through my saved pictures to see what's new since I last posted pictures. So, this will be a hodgepodge!

Here are some ATCoins. It was an open theme swap, so I just made stuff up. My collage skills aren't very well developed, but I keep trying. Some of the ladies on my ATC site are so good at layering things to make them look cool. 


The last bouquet of summer.
 I'm reading a book called The Last Child in the Woods, which is about how our modern children suffer from Nature Deficit Disorder. The author noted that this isn't an actual medical diagnosis... Anyway, these two quotes from the book almost made me stop reading. Come on, people! We didn't already KNOW THIS?!?
 A TEN YEAR STUDY was necessary for these folks to realize what most of us know instinctively. Anyhoo. I'll probably finish the book. There have been some interesting parts.

 Some scary art from the grands...

By Audrey. Sharp teeth are a trend right now, I guess...
 I picked this up at the last library book sale. I use the pages for collage. Inside I found...
 these three slips of paper from 1961! Some comedian filled out a magazine order form....
 Then there were these two hall passes. These will probably make their way into some collages.

 Since my veggie fermentation experiments didn't go so well, I've found a new use for these glass weights. They are great for flattening out my ATCoins!
 Speaking of ATCoins...here are some more. This swap was called A Little Odd, so we just had to come up with something odd. I'm a very literal thinker, so thinking outside the box isn't natural for me. But I gave it the old college try.




Well, Micah just called and it looks like I'm going to be babysitting tonight. She and Adam need to take a truck and trailer to Bemidji to pick up things for working on the house. The kids and I will have a movie night. 

I'd better get on with watching my episode of Call the Midwife. Micah and kids will be home in a couple of hours. :)

Good to "see" everyone! God bless and much shalom to you!




8 comments:

  1. Good to see you here too, Lisa! I did watch Call the Midwife faithfully a few years back. I found it very good and compelling as long as the main character, Jenny, was on the show. After she left, it kind of lost its way. But for me, I lost interest when they decided to introduce the token lesbian couple among the midwives. But if you just watch until Jenny leaves at the end of a season, you'll probably like it very well!

    BTW, I had a friend who just died in the past week or so, who lived up in Bemidji part time with her husband and a bunch of kids. She was only 47. She died of a heart attack. It was very sudden and sad. Her name was Carmen Ropp. You didn't know her by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't know your friend. Bemidji is about 45 miles from me and I don't get up there very often. Sorry to hear about her death.
      Yeah, I was half-expecting to see a gay couple or something in the show. I have enjoyed the first couple of episodes, so maybe I can see quite a few before iffy stuff shows up, lol.

      Delete
  2. We watched Call The Midwife and I think we saw every episode. Maybe one has to remember that '50s era to enjoy it?
    I don't remember you posting about veggie fermentation ( that apparently didn't go well). Now I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, the fermenting was a flop and I was a little leery of eating what I made, lol.
      I think I like Call the Midwife because of the Englishness, the history and I've always been interested in midwifery.

      Delete
  3. Happy to see you and all the fun stuff you share. Love you little coins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to see you here!!! just catching up! God bless you!!! wonderful that you can be with your family so much and love your art! a big HUG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think Jenny's leaving caused Call the Midwife to lose its way. I like it better. What I like about it is the kindness the nuns and the midwives show at every turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that, Pom! Hopefully I have many pleasant evenings ahead as I watch it. :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)