Monday, November 26, 2018

Another quicky!

Sorry for all the quick posts. I'm at the library in a semi-private room. I was thinking I'd post something longer, but two guys just walked in and sat next to me, so I won't stay long. Can't wait to move and be able to blog at my leisure at home!

I just visited my local thrift store this morning and purchased a couch, dining table, side table and three lamps. All needed for my new home! After pricing new stuff I decided to go with "retro"! I'm sort of an eclectic gal anyway. All I need now is a bed for the master bedroom and I'll be fixed. Adam will have to stash some of this in his barn for now.

Adam and Micah are close to getting the house done. Menards has been giving them a few fits, like when they thought their kitchen cabinets were "in stock" but then found out they had been back ordered, so that's an extra wait. Predictable, I guess, when you're building. Anyway, things are happening!

We had a nice Thanksgiving. We drove to Bemidji (about 40 miles) and went to Perkins. Everyone else had breakfast for lunch, but I had the Thanksgiving meal and took my pumpkin pie home to eat when I wasn't so stuffed! This was Thanksgiving plus my birthday celebration. We ran into several people we knew and had a good visit with them as well.

Well, I'll close for now and add a photo, since it's the only one I have in my pictures that I haven't shown, lol!

Love you folks! Thanks for dropping by!
Shalom!

7 comments:

  1. How exciting to know soon you'll be able to take your 'new' furniture and move into a more permanent home. New stuff is just so expensive. We just had our washer quit working and it's only FIVE years old. DS is looking into the cost of repairing it but if it's too much he says we'll just buy a new one. I know with 2 families using it it might affect the wear and tear but surely washers are made for the job. One would think so anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think everything is made to wear out quickly these days. :-/

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Lisa (and Happy Belated Thanksgiving too!). I'm so happy you are getting closer to moving into your new digs. I love shopping thrift and most things that are older are built better than the new stuff -- especially furniture. Retro works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The great thing about buying used is, you can see how the item has held up. Quality used is so much better than a lot of new stuff -- and if it's poor quality used, then you can give it away again, no problem!

    I'm awfully excited for you as you get closer to this new-and-improved, family-style living situation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo, dear Lisa, brave blogger without blogger-home! Nice and adventurous to read your post, - - I see you do good decisions! have the right energy and your family, too, great steps happen!

    Greetings and blessings from the snowy Bavarian Forest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)