Friday, November 30, 2018

Life stays exciting...

Remember that furniture I bought? It's still sitting at the thrift store. MY FAULT for buying it without warning the kids ahead of time. I called and they (the thrift store folks) said not to worry if I need extra time. Anyway, the reason it hasn't been picked up (I was relying on my son-in-law and maybe his dad to do this.) is because most days have been like today:

Micah took Adele and Sully to ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) and as she was standing there with the other parents SOMEONE left the door into the hallway open. Sully (who is always alert to the presence of open doors) dashed out the door, down the school hallway, slapped the big, round, metal button to open the exterior door and dashed out into the little circle drive in front of the building. Micah, eight months pregnant, who can hardly walk because the baby is so low, is trying to run after him and having to drag her left leg because her hips are in so much pain. Sully trips and lands face down in slushy, mucky snow. Otherwise, he might have made it to the main street! So, Sully was okay, but muddy and Micah was in extreme pain. They went back into ECFE and afterwards Micah dropped the two littles off at their "other Grandma Lisa's" house so she could try to get an appointment with a chiropractor. Adam came home to drive her up to Bemidji since she can still barely walk. I came over to clean house a bit and in an hour I'll run over and pick up the two older girls. Hopefully, the chiropractor treatment will help, but I told Micah she needs to skip all unnecessary outings until after the baby is born and she gets mobile enough to keep up with Sully. (I can't believe nobody was quick witted enough to help her chase him!)

Poor Adam was sick yesterday, and he's trying to get a hundred things done every day so they can get moved into their new home before the baby comes. And THEN I come up with more stuff for him to do after work. Hopefully it will fit in tomorrow, though he has some manpower showing up to help put a big beam up in the vaulted ceiling. I don't think he'll be in a hurry to build another house any time soon, lol.

Yup, life is exciting.

In the quiet moments I'm still reading A Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee, Letters to the Church by Francis Chan and I just started The Dark Tower and Other Stories by C.S. Lewis.

You all have a great week! I'll check in later. Shalom!

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry no one stopped to help your daughter!!!! My goodness!!! Love and prayers to you all! a big HUG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago I had a very similar thing happen while I was taking care of someone's 3 year old. He also escaped out of the building ( the court house it was) and would have run on the street but I was able to catch him in time. Again, not one person thought of stopping him.

    I do hope someone is able to pick up your furniture for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear, that is too exciting for sure. I agree with you that a pregnant mom should not overextend herself, especially if she's already in pain. I'm glad your furniture has a place to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Prayers for Micah. God be with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry for Micah! She shouldn't have to run like that :( I hope she's better soon. I do love that picture of Badger and his night visitors. One of my very favorite stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)