Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Jolly Postman's Wife Hunt 2021

My friend Jolly (The Jolly Postman) has finally arrived for a much anticipated visit. He is currently on a worldwide tour to find a wife! After our visit he will travel on to Indiana, North Carolina, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Australia. If we haven't found a soul mate for our mail order groom by then--well, we're not doing it right! :)

Jolly was glad to get out of that package and stretch his legs. He said it was rather crowded in there! Let's see what was in there with him, shall we?

Ah, he traveled comfortably in a large red, felt envelope!



 Okay, let's open it up! 

Gifts! For moi? This little package contained gifts from Sparkle the fairy-loving lady. (A friend of Pom Poms.) Thanks, Sparkle!

And then there was this pretty prancing pony made by Pom Pom herself! The legs are moveable! Thanks, Pom! It's really cute!
Further digging in the envelope produced...
Jolly, who is ensconced in a little pocket, along with his passport. He is attached to a larger book in which each of us will place the story of our visit, and we also get to decorate some pages! 
Here is Jolly's passport photo. (Better than most!)
And some pages from the larger book...

Some (not all) of the pages Pom Pom decorated...



And a peek at Pom's story.
Then we found the envelope with Pom Pom's wife choices!
You can go to Pom Pom's blog to read all about them!
By this time Jolly was getting a little antsy to look around the place. It was a rainy and dreary day when he arrived. He felt right at home! (You know English weather.)
If you haven't yet read The Jolly Postman there are many versions of the read-aloud on You Tube.

Jolly did some snooping about while I made him some breakfast.
Being a postman he was particularly curious about a certain envelope on my counter. "What is this pretty packet?" he asked. "Oh, someone has sent me some artist trading cards," I replied. "Artist trading cards? What are those?" He seemed genuinely intrigued...
so, I showed him!
"And what is this?" he enquired. 
"That is a rock. I plan to paint a loon on it and use it as a doorstop."
Well, that's as far as he got with his explorations in his first few moments at my house. Breakfast was ready. 
"Yum. The sausages are burned just as I like them!" he remarked.
And I let him use my favorite mug, of course.
So, we'll continue with the adventures of Jolly in my next post! And soon I'll have some wife suggestions, so stay tuned! 

For those of you who find thrifting to be the ultimate adventure...photos coming right up from my latest thrifting trip!

My favorite little thrift shop (charity shop) is called Bearly Used. The proceeds benefit the developmentally disabled in our little town, so it's a win-win!

I went heavy on the books this time, but first I'll show "other" stuff. 
These waste baskets caught my eye and I thought they were an improvement over what I have.
Inside the left one you see some frames. I couldn't resist these two little pictures. They looked like something I would have made myself. They feature dried leaves and stamps. They go well with my woodsy decor. (Such as it is, ha ha.)
I had to adopt these two little angel Christmas ornaments. One is missing an arm, but I couldn't leave him behind.
I can't seem to avoid getting a mug. This one will probably be used for pens or paintbrushes.
I don't know if anyone remembers, but at Christmas time I was looking all over for an electric knife. It's the only thing that will cut my fruitcake without wrecking it. Apparently, they are no longer made! Well, I found one! And it works! :)
Somebody felt the need to date the box.
It even came with some vintage twist ties. Ha ha.
I spent a lot of time thoroughly going through the bookshelves and was rewarded with some interesting finds. Now, if you see a book you know is a real stinker don't be afraid to say so. Some of these I've never heard of. I'm just going by what they say on the back. 

This first one was interesting because it came with some paperwork which was kind of attached to the book. It was also signed by the author. I don't know if you can read the pages, but they're kind of intriguing.


You might be able to read them if you click on them.


Here are the rest.

Granny Marigold, the book below on the left is about your neck of the woods. :)


You can always use chicken recipes!

Well, I hope this doesn't take as long to read as it took to write! It's the photo thing that takes so long, but what is a blog without photos? :)

Next time we'll catch up on Jolly's doings and maybe I'll be ready to introduce you to a gal he might like. Until then...

Shalom and love to all! 

(I don't know why some of the text above is black, but I decided to leave it. Blogger is crazy and I might mess things up worse if I try to fix it, ha ha.)















7 comments:

  1. I love your blog post and your finds, Jolly adventures and books! Yay for the electric knife find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloggertechnique is sometimes very sensitive, so you have always to be carefully :)

    I see you have a lot of fun with this lovely postman! A good communikation with heart and ideas!

    The two Christmas-angels are very sweet. How good, that you also took this one with the broken arm. I have in my car a sheep-figure with a broken leg.

    Now I read some Christmas-Stories of famous writers. For me Christmas-time is all over the year..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad did all the carving when he was home, and he was given an electric knife right around that time! And to our surprise he loved it. They are very handy. I love your finds and I think Jolly will enjoy his time at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PomPom put so much time and energy into the Jolly Postman thing. Amazing.
    Electric knives not available any more? I'm glad I still have my old one. Nothing slices fresh bread like an electric knife.
    I hope all your books are interesting especially the journal from BC. My last choices from the library have been disappointing. I need to go to the thrift store and have time to choose books that I can read the info on the jacket also take a peek inside. One can tell pretty quickly if a book is going to be a dud. Take care and keep smiling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa! This is wonderful! I'll link this and your most recent post when I post now. I like Jolly's Scottish date! She's intriguing! I knew he'd like the ATC's! Oh, thank you so much for your great enthusiasm! (BIG HUG!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what exciting post: I didn't join in this time but will enjoy seeing Jolly's progress. Your book (undercover teenager) looks very interesting - what a find! Also your frames with the leaves - I have tried framing leaves and they crumble eventually so wonder how yours are preserved - you can't beat the beauty of nature. Blessings to you - Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like Jolly is having a lovely visit with you, Lisa. I'm eager to read your stories! I hope that package is not TOO HUGE before I have to mail it off to England ... it might break the bank!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)