Sunday, April 25, 2021

Jolly!

 Hey, y'all! Look who arrived yesterday! He made the arduous journey from my old stomping grounds in Colorado, to the northern wilds of Minnesota! Have I opened the envelope yet? Of course not! I'm still savoring the experience and trying to imagine all of the mysterious things Pom Pom's fertile imagination decided to pack into this exciting package. :)


For anyone who missed the memo, this is the blogger's version of Flat Stanley, only we're mailing the Jolly Postman around the country and around the world. I have no idea what kinds of activities I will be expected to participate in once I open this packet of fun, but I will be updating you as I go. The grands are excited to see what it's all about, but I wanted to open it all by myself and exclaim over each item before sharing with them. Photos will follow! You can follow this link to Pom Pom's blog where she will tell you how this journey began!

Pom Pom's Ponderings

Here on the farm we've (well mostly they've) been doing some major yard cleaning. This included Adam demolishing a small shed in the back yard.

Knocking it down...

And dragging it off to the burn pile.
These pictures were from yesterday. They're still at it today. My main contribution today was watching Thatcher in the house so Micah could get outside and help. (She wanted to.) The kids all "helped" too. 

We have some new "livestock" to play with. Ten chicks arrived about a week ago, and a few days later five guinea chicks joined the menagerie. Micah wants to go back and get a couple of silky bantams. This is their first experience with poultry, though Micah was raised with lots of chickens. This will be her first time to take care of them herself, so they're learning as they go. Sorry, I haven't taken photos of them yet. 

Otherwise, I've made a few cards today. These were all for the swap called "Flowers With a Little Something Extra". It's one of those ongoing swaps where we work our way through a whole deck of cards, doing a different number each month. Today I finished up my deck ahead of time, so I'm finished with this swap. (Yay!)








It just started snowing. The grands are biking and running around in it. I think they're about to load into the car and go to town for supper. After all that yard work it's probably nice not to have to make supper!

I'm currently reading Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti. It's the sequel to This Present Darkness. I read these many years ago, but I don't really recall a lot of details about this second book. Maybe I didn't finish it before? Who knows! :) These are novels full of spiritual warfare. Exciting reading! (And pretty quick.)


These clouds were from a snowstorm that had just passed through. The snow didn't stick. 
Ya know, I believe that's all I've got right now. Time to dive into that Jolly Postman envelope and see what's up!

Shalom and hugs to everyone!





6 comments:

  1. How exciting! I hope it all makes sense when you open it! Those cards are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whow!!!! These stormclouds from snow!! Exciting and strong! People are so small in tis great Universe - - - - best greetings and wishes for Micah and good joy with the new animals! How sweet! I hope to see some pictures soon. I see you always have some nice joy and funny cards and so on. Compliment! I'm always interested in your weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cards you made for your swap. I especially like the motto on the 4 of Diamonds: Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable. Great advice when making up art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fun!!!! Yay for Jolly!!! I look forward to hearing about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow again??? Maybe after this week your weather will finally be more Spring-like.
    Your ATC's are always very creative but the ones shown today I especially like...the nature ones and also the ones with good words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to follow along with Jolly Postman's adventures with you! You'll have fun with that for sure! Your family is so busy and industrious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)