Friday, June 30, 2023

Book Tube at War and pontoons...

It's been a while...again. I just went for a walk on the trail and then sat at the park by our local lake (Belletaine) and watched people launch their boats, pontoons and skidoos. It was very pleasant and entertaining. (I'm easily entertained.) I think I spent about an hour and a half doing that and sipping some coffee, which I bought as a treat. I'm still on the carnivore diet and shouldn't have creamer, but I cheated for a second.

I'm not a Book Tuber (people who do YouTube videos where they discuss the books they're reading, or hope to read. Sound like watching paint dry? It can be.) I've found a few characters that I find interesting, and watch them occasionally. Anyway, every month they come up with a theme and challenge watchers to read books matching the theme. The theme for July is Book Tube at War, and so we read books involving war. I don't usually do these challenges, but I thought it was about time I read Citizen Soldiers by Stephen Ambrose, so I'm going to jump in. Wish me luck. 


In other news, it looks like I'll be moving to Park Rapids (12 miles away) in August. This is an apartment for seniors and disabled people. I've chosen an apartment on the 5th floor so I can overlook the town. This is probably the tallest building in this little town at six stories so I should have an unobstructed view. Hopefully this is a temporary move for a year or two, until I can move back to Micah and Adam's place. But only the Lord can see that far ahead, so I'm going to be content where I am as long as I'm there. I'm hoping to meet some nice folks while I'm there and find out what town people do for fun. Meanwhile, maybe I can find a cheap camper to park at Micah's so I can camp out now and then, lol. 

Hope you're all well! I'm doing okay. Just a bit tired a lot of the time. I'll be by to read blogs soon! :)

Shalom and happy summer, everyone!




12 comments:

  1. Moving to a new apartment and one that has a view,,,that sounds like a positive thing. The Book Tube thing wouldn't be for me but why not check it out. I've become quite bored with most fiction, at least the ones I've requested from the library, books others have found so interesting. I've decided it must be me so I'm going to stick to non fiction for the time being.
    While on this carnivore diet do you get to "cheat" a bit one day a week? My GD is doing the Keto diet and that's what she does. We're having our annual Canada Day BBQ tomorrow and she's making that her "cheat day".
    Sorry you feel tired a lot. I think it's part of this aging thing. Sort of inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has a once-a-week ice cream cheat. I've mainly had an occasional coffee with creamer cheat. Trying not to get too crazy there, lol.

      Delete
  2. Lisa, I think so many of us ladies "of a certain age" are tired much of the time -- more tired than we used to be only a few years ago. I'm not sure if it's a medical issue, or if it's just something I have to get used to. Ah well.
    Sounds like an adventurous move coming soon! I hope you like it there. Having a camper/RV at Micah's house sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you like the new apartment building! my Grandma lives in one of these and likes it! I am sorry you have been tired. sending you a HUG! God bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read any "war books" by Nevil Shute? Our book group read A Town Like Alice, and now I'm reading Pied Piper. They are both about how WWII affected the lives of common people. The protagonist of the latter is an elderly man, so I feel especially connected to him and how he deals with the adventures and tasks that are thrust upon him, when all he wants is to settle down and enjoy his retirement. And he is tired! I'm glad to read it right now, because I am tired.

    I think the idea of a little trailer at Micah's is a splendid one. God bless you in your new place, and I hope you have fun there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Town Like Alice sounds familiar. If I ever finish Citizen Soldiers (I keep putting it aside to read fiction!) that will probably satisfy my urge for WWII reading for a while. ;)

      Delete
  5. I think living in a trailer would be just fine...We've owned a motorhome and anything you can do in a house, you can do in a trailer!
    Happy Independence Day!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Lisa! Well, I hope the move is very good and that you enjoy your view. I know you are quick to push yourself and you don't have a lazy bone, so I hope you are okay with resting when you feel tired. You are strong and steady, a good and sincere follower of the Lord Jesus. I think a little camper would be nice! Sending heaps of love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are a brave follower of Jesus Christ! And you always are able to live a simple life and to wait until happiness is coming. Patience is so blessed!I also mean, that it is good to live in a camper sometimes near your family, until your rooms are ready. I love all the comments!!
    Best wishes and BLESSINGS BLESSINGS BLESSINGS from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Du bist wirklich ein mutiger Nachfolger Jesu Christi! Und du bist immer in der Lage, ein einfaches Leben zu führen und zu warten, bis das Glück kommt. Geduld ist ein Segen! Ich meine auch, dass es gut ist, manchmal in der Nähe der Familie in einem Wohnmobil zu wohnen, bis die Zimmer fertig sind. Ich liebe alle Kommentare!!
    Beste Grüße und Segen Segen Segen von Dori aus dem Bayerischen Wald

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)