Friday, July 21, 2023

Quiet before the chaos...

I decided to go for a walk on the trail and then to sit and enjoy the quiet at the beach before chaos ensues. This is the weekend for what we in Nevis call Muskie Days. Lots of people selling crafty stuff, a big fish fry, a water skiiing show and lots of other things I'm not aware of. Ha ha. I usually lay low until it's over. I do want to enjoy my last week or so here before I move, so I'll try to take lots of walks.

Here are some pictures at the lake/beach.





If it crosses your mind maybe you would send up a prayer for the move I'm about to make. That everyone's backs would stay healthy, that we could figure out the logistics of when and how to accomplish things in the best way, and that I won't waste a lot of time worrying about it. I figure in a couple of weeks it will be behind us and I'll realize I worried for nothing. :) Maybe pray for some extra help for the heavy stuff. Thanks! 

We had a deli girl get together yesterday and feasted on Mexican food. I decided to throw caution to the wind and cheat a little on my carnivore diet. That raspberry tea definitely had sugar in it! (That's why it was so good!) And, of course, there was the huge chicken fajita burrito. (Say that three times fast.) It's always fun to get together with my old work mates.

Otherwise life goes on as usual. 

Did I post this picture earlier? It was taken a while back, but I've never seen a cloud like this. The word "anvil" comes to mind.

Looking forward to an afternoon of reading and watching my favorite theologian, Mike Winger, on YouTube. It looks like a warm week ahead, by Minnesota standards. Just wanted to check in and catch up on blogs.

Thanks for stopping by! I love you good people out there!

Shalom.
 

7 comments:

  1. I don't care for a lot of noise and crowds either. How far are you moving? Is it to a different town? I hope all goes well but as you so wisely say, in a few weeks it will all be past and life once more settled down.
    There's a big event going on tomorrow here in Abbotsford called The Jesus Celebration. It's in the park where we walk most mornings. Unfortunately it will involve crowds and a lot of noise as well as very hot temperatures. I'll be able to sit in my yard , in the shade, and clearly hear the music. GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your move is an easy one!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you, Lisa. <3

    GretchenJoanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos of the lake! You must've enjoyed those walks there. I do hope the move goes smoothly, and you're content in your new apt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless your move, dear Lisa, sister in Christ. You are so right. Often we are anxious and later we can say: Thank you. O Lord ,for all your help - Its evening now an I can get the meed of my work from You..
    An "anvil"- cloud appears after a thunderstorm. So it is here in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gott segne deinen Schritt, liebe Lisa, Schwester in Christus. Du hast ja so recht. Oft sind wir besorgt und können später sagen: Danke. O Herr, für all deine Hilfe – es ist jetzt Abend und ich kann von Dir de Lohn für meine Arbeit bekommen.
    Nach einem Gewitter entsteht eine „Amboss“-Wolke. So ist es hier in Europa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)