Monday, April 2, 2012

Finished my cats!

Here is my submission for Lesson 1 for the Drawing Lab lessons over at Paint Myself Pretty. Even though some of those participating mentioned drawing 30 cats, I didn't see a particular number on Cameron's post, so I just drew until I felt like calling it quits! :D I hope that's okay.


I had lots of fun with this, although I found it really difficult to draw without a reference photo to look at. I guess that was the idea; to force us to imagine instead of leaning too heavily on these helpful props. I'm a little too obsessive about copying and making the drawing look like the photo, so this was good for me!

Hope everyone else is having fun with this. I have some catching up to do!

3 comments:

  1. I have that same issue, Lisa...trying to make my drawings look true to life...

    I think you did an amazing job here!!
    Each is just great...and really exudes the essence of what cats are all about :)
    ...and I just adore the funny little captions you added...haha!

    I'm so happy to have you doing these Lessons along with me!
    Hooray!
    Cameron

    P.S. Those are some adorable little faces you have gracing your Blog, a delight to view...brings a smile to my face :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cameron! We're proud grandparents! And thanks for sharing the Drawing Lab lessons. It's a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. Ohh Lisa you are so talented... love all your beautisches cats :) especcially with the one in the basket and above the one with the big belly, hihi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)