Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two Journal Ideas...

With all of the challenges beckoning on the web I've had some trouble whittling the choices down to a manageable few. I'm working on it, because I know I can't do everything! :) I'm trying to "stay loose" and only do an art challenge if it really speaks to me. I don't want to feel like I "owe it" to someone to take their challenge just because it's there.

So, I'm trying to get in touch with myself and figure out what would really be fun or important to me personally in the area of art. As of today (lol!) my choices for projects would be two particular journals:

1.) I discovered this morning that my hubby has been writing 4 line silly poems about farm life. I thought it could be a lot of fun to make a small book of his poems with my illustrations! Later, I could make copies for all the kids.

2.) My second idea is a journal of scriptures with illustrations. I'm finding so many wonderful scriptures in Galatians and I'm sure I'll find many more that I'd like to have in a journal.

Besides these I'm sure I'll do the occasional zentangle or painting. I'm just trying to keep art from becoming my master instead of my joy.

Speaking of zentangles, here's the beginning of my next one. This one fills the whole page instead of a 3"x3" square. I've only just begun with my string and the very beginning of the featherfall tangle. As part of my new resolution to keep things under control a bit, I'm planning to take a good long while to fill in this page a little at a time. When I finished this little part it was getting late so I said to myself, "Okay, that's enough for now. I have the rest of my life to finish this. No hurry." How mature of me, eh? :D Baby steps...



Shalom!

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)