Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A frosty morning.

We awoke to a frosty world for the second day in a row. Tomorrow should be "warmer". Only -4 or so. By the weekend it will be up in the 20's and 30's, so we can finish up our moving!

Here's how the world  looked this morning. We're nice and warm indoors, and nobody ventured out other than Adam to cut up some wood and stoke up the wood stove.




 I put up these feeders a few days before the extreme cold hit, but I haven't seen any birds. Are they all hiding from the cold? I'm not much of an expert on bird feeding, but we do have some birds that winter over here. Recently all I've seen are crows.

 This is where I'm hanging out! I still have the kids old leather furniture (and some toys) in my living room, so I threw a quilt over the couch to make it cozier. I found this quilt at the thrift store. The batting has separated and it's thin in places, but it makes a great couch throw. It's sort of a homely quilt, but some of the squares are pretty, and I like the overall effect. The colors don't look very vibrant in this picture, but it really is a cheerful quilt. I'll get my furniture moved in over the weekend when it warms up.
 This square is one of my favorites. It's like a denim material. I'd love a whole quilt made of this!


Jordan and Josh both texted this morning to check up on us. They live in warmer climes these days. Good to hear from them!

Got my taxes finished this morning. I was kind of dreading it. Don't know why. Mine are pretty simple. I just like to worry, I guess. DUMB!

Day before yesterday I painted my small bedroom. It was Pepto Bismol pink because it started out as a girls' room. I painted it a pale green. So pale it's almost white. I'll show pics when I get it more finished. It needs another coat and then I'll paint the trim. I was so sore and tired yesterday! It was more work than I realized!

Well, it's 2 p.m. and my stomach is telling me I haven't had lunch yet. Better go rustle up some grub!

God bless you all! Thanks for visiting!
Shalom!

3 comments:

  1. It really looks VERY cold!!!

    But I love the white clean stars of the snow, some kind of heaven, - - if you have an oven!

    And: You have always a warm heart!
    So you stay warm through the will of GOD - -

    Greetings and blessings from mother in winter to mother in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got into your new home just before this storm, and you're snug and safe there. So much snow! It looks like Alaska! That is a friendly-looking quilt, well "broken-in" as they say. We are about 28 degrees this morning, and warming quickly with the sun out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cold and beautiful!!! That quilt is just darling!!! I love it!!! A good reminder that I can make a quilt with bigger squares! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)