Tuesday, January 22, 2019

I'm heeeeere!

Meaning, in my new home! I spent last night here...sleeping on Sully's bed, lol. Some would say I haven't really moved yet. After all, most of my stuff is still at my old place, and lots of Micah and Adam's stuff is still here. But, we decided to begin moving as we can.

Micah and family took their mattresses and bedding, food, some clothes and bathroom items and spent their first night in their new home. Here is a very bad nighttime photo out of my window. See how close we are? They still have only Tyvek on the outside, but Adam still works methodically on his long "to-do" list. (Curtains are on the agenda, lol.) (Adam's step-dad is an electrician, and he's got that house lit up like a blinkin' beacon!)
Kind of hard to see the house with all the reflections on the inside of my window!
Of course, the week we chose to begin moving has been very sub-zero. Today was much "warmer" at about 18 degrees above, but that only brought lots of snow. About 6-7 inches last night. This has added another level of challenge, but we're soldiering on.

Here's another night shot out my front door and my window facing away from "the neighbors", as I shall call them henceforth.


Out the window. You can see the TV reflection, whoops. I'm watching A Wrinkle in Time.
"The kids" (Micah and Adam) have left their big TV for the time being, so I'm enjoying some Netflix while it lasts. I may still get it (Netflix) later. We have to figure that out.

I drove over to my old place today, after bringing Audrey and Hazel home from school. My old landlord hadn't plowed at all, so it was thrilling trying to get up their very steep driveway, through deep, rutted snow, and then parking in my old parking spot. AKA a snowdrift. I packed as much into my car as I could, and now I have everything I need to keep me until the weekend, when we'll probably move the rest of my things. I'm using Sully's bed because they just took three mattresses over for the four kids. They figured when they layed (sp?) them all out on the floor the kids would just sleep wherever they felt like it anyway. I won't have my bed moved here until the weekend, I don't think. Anyway, we're all sort of camping out, and I've been having fun organizing "the neighbors" stuff to make it easier for them to move when the time comes. Oh, and I got to do some shoveling around my car to get out of my old parking spot. I was praising the Lord after getting safely out!

This is what my apartment looked like a few days ago. Sort of like a storage locker. But it should all be moved shortly. Yay!

The desk, chair and side table are thrift store finds. The chair needs refinishing, but I'll wait til summer to tackle that!
I was glad to get my box of "important papers", my journal and Bible, and some of my reading books. It's feeling a lot more like home! I hope the grands are feeling excited about their move. I think they are. :) It's so much fun to talk to Micah on the phone about something and then look out the window and there she is walking through the snow to my front door. May I borrow a cup of sugar? (She didn't really borrow sugar. It just has that neighborly feel.) ;)

Here are two of my most recent books.
The Swedish Death Cleaning book was good, but I felt sorry for the author. She admits she has no belief in an afterlife. That boggles my mind.

A friend at the ATC site asked for some inchies with little tools on them. She works at Lowe's, and wanted to display them in her clear smartphone case.
Have any of you seen the movie "Risen"? I rented it before and really liked it. They take liberties with the gospel account, but I think it really points to the truth that Jesus is risen indeed! This copy I got for free at the library.
Here's another library find. As I was checking it out the library lady asked me if I was aware that the movie is in Swedish! Hmmm. I'm not a fan of reading subtitles, but it sounded like an interesting story, so I'm going to give it a shot.
Well, the saga will continue as Micah and I move small stuff, and Adam and his dad will move larger items as they have a chance. My good son-in-law is outside Bobcatting the snow away, so getting the kids to school should be easier tomorrow morning. I'm blessed to have such a great s-i-l, and a great family!

That's it for now. God bless y'all!
Shalom!

12 comments:

  1. Finally it's happening! What fun you'll have getting everything just the way you want it.
    A Swedish movie with subtitles... welcome to my world where both myself and my dh can't hear well and rely on subtitles. I wish my kids and grandkids had subtitles too.
    I hope the weather cooperates on the weekend so moving the rest of your things is just that much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Ove movie.
    Oh congrats on your new spot! How fun! It's perfect and they are blessed to have you so close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear a positive review of Ove! :) I'm really enjoying being here!

      Delete
  3. Netflix has allowed sharing up to 3 or 4 family members so see if you can share theirs! I am so glad you are so close and that things,are going well! God bless you, keep you all warm and well and protected !♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! Yes, my kids told me I should be able to get Netflix. Now, I hope I don't get too addicted! :)

      Delete
  4. Dear Lisa,

    congratulations for your new home!
    It must be a wonderful and very blessed feeling to have such dear heart-neighbours nearby, a good feeling for the young family AND for you!
    What a great gift from the Lord,though HE wanted you to do a lot of work. But I see, you always have a happy mind, not forgetting seeing films, reading books, never being shy for to do something good for your many children, big and little!

    WONDERFUL!

    Have a good time!

    BLESSINGS, BLESSINGS, BLESSINGS!

    Good nice snow! :)

    I also admire the young family very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen the film "Risen" - but I heard it's very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a trailer of "Risen" in Youtube:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcTVLfn5i8g

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallelujah!! I am so excited for you. I think the gradual helping-moving-helping-each other is the best, very family-like, and gets the fun process going as quickly as possible. More fun to have Grandma as close as possible as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Lisa!! I'm so happy for you, friend! This is exciting, and I know you are thrilled to be at last moving things into your home, and to be so close to Micah and the gang. That's wonderful. "The Neighbors" - haha! Cute :) Soon it will all be finished, and I do believe all the kids will end up loving their new home so much. All that snow!!? How do you cope with it? I would be inside, waiting for May to get anything done!! I remember how awful it was in Iowa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to want to hibernate, too. Micah hates winter, but she often reminds me (when I'm being chicken about driving on icy roads), "Mom, we DO live in Minnesota, ya know." Ha ha! (Though she often wonders aloud why we DO live here.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)