Thursday, December 7, 2017

All clear!

My doctor gave me a clean bill of health after my colonoscopy this morning. Yahoo! Thanks for the prayers!

You know, it's kind of a nice experience to have your doctor pray with you (and the nurse) before a procedure. Mine (Dr. Vern) also told us a quick story about a trip he took to Romania where he gave a talk on healthy living, and 500 people were baptized! He's a Seventh-Day Adventist, so it was a missions-type trip. But kind of a different experience than you get in many hospitals. Nurse Jane fed me toast with pb&j and milk afterwards. It was almost spa-like! The anesthesiologist did a great job. He shot two syringes of "stuff" into my IV port and I was out like a light. So, I did some worrying needlessly. I try not to, but I don't always succeed. Oh well. Just keep working on that. Thanks again!

Micah and 3 of the kids came and picked me up afterwards. I made the mistake of explaining to Hazel what a colonoscopy involves. I thought she would be fascinated since she likes "gross" subjects. But now I'm wondering where that information might resurface, lol! Whoops!

After the "all liquids diet" yesterday, I have a craving for some meat. I've started a roast in the crock pot and I'll add potatoes, carrots and green beans later. I slather cream of mushroom soup all over the roast and add a little water. Yup. I'm a fancy cook. But it's GOOOOOD.

Just the roast and cream of mushroom soup so far...

Son Jordan just called. He was on his way back to work after running home to let the dog out at lunchtime. They just got a new dog named Lucy, after the Chronicles of Narnia character. So, now they're learning the in's and out's of taking care of a dog when they're not home all day. Brooke has flown to Portland (her hometown) to attend a Christian women's conference. It was good to hear from him. It's been a while.
Lucy

 And because I was so obsessed with the thought of food yesterday, I started watching this little YouTube series. This video is about the origins of breakfast, and the next two deal with lunch and dinner. It's English. What more do you need?

And I will say farewell and shalom here, since I can't seem to get Blogger to allow me to type under the video. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't!

Shalom, friends and family! Love y'all!


4 comments:

  1. Goodness, well done. You're very brave! I wish I could get a better hang of my slow cooker- I think that's my crock pot. The wonderful Ang from Tracing Rainbows sent me a book, but it still all feels very hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that meal will taste so very good!!! yum!!!! So glad!!! God bless you! Glad it's over and all clear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your results were positive. That mushroom casserole is one of DH's favourite meals ( along with creamy mashed potatoes). Sometimes the old recipes are the best.
    Lucy is such a great looking dog. Do they know what breed she is?
    Now I must watch the video and find out about how breakfast etc.. got started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, good news from your doctor! And what a spiritual blessing as well. Thanks for the video - we've watched her before (and another lady -- they did a series together). Will watch later!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)