Friday, May 3, 2019

Oh, Blogger...

A sunset picture from last week.

This will be another post where I search through My Pictures to see what I'm going to talk about. Ha ha! I need the reminder!

I've been doing well on my walking. Yesterday I took a different route. It's actually the same route I take into town to take the girls to school. Not gorgeous, especially this time of year when everything is still awaiting leaves and grass. But it will do the trick for exercise. I may do my old hiking trail walk today before I pick the girls up. This was yesterday. I won't bore you with all of the pics I took. :)

No green in sight and very patched up roads.

The red gate on the left marks one mile and my turn around point. I could walk in the ditch where you see the ATV tracks, but I think the sand would be so soft it would be harder to walk.

Do you see a wolf? Or coyote? Not sure which. Yeah, he's a statue. I think he's a wood carving made by a local artist. He's been standing there for years!

This road runs perpendicular to my walking route. There's a little lakeside resort called In-We-Go Resort.


Some wetlands that run under the road. This will be very pretty when it gets green. We have swans on this spot all winter long. This is called the Straight River. It's anything but straight!

When I get to those first trees on the let I'll be home.
I did find another excerpt from my Radical Hospitality book that I think conveys some wisdom. You'll have to click on the picture to make it big enough to read.
I had already, instinctively, set some physical boundaries during this time with lots of family living under one roof. I've made my bedroom a little sanctuary where I can "get away from it all". Everyone is being very good about respecting that, and I try to give them some privacy as well. It's not easy for any of us, I know.

I have a comfy glider/rocker and ottoman.

The totes contain my art supplies. 
Well, I was going to add more pictures, but Blogger seems to be wanting to take over control. It adds them to the top of the page instead of down here. So, I'll close for now. I need to pick the girls up in about an hour and Josh and family are heading to Fargo, so things will be quiet at home. I'm hoping to get in a walk later.  This is one continuous paragraph because the aforementioned Blogger won't let me start a new paragraph, lol. Y'all be good! Shalom to all! :)
























5 comments:

  1. Silly Blogger! But, hey, at least you can post pics so that's something.
    I liked the page about boundaries. I read a really great book on that topic and it seems to me it was by Dr. Henry Cloud along with another man. Your room as sanctuary is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, your walking way is very fine. I see, the leaves in your region still sleep like in February here, waiting to become alive.

    The text about boundaries is very important and spiritual.

    Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest to brave Lisa with the amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the walking! I love to walk and it just feels good for so many reasons. I read the page from Radical Hospitality and it makes lots of sense to me. I live "next door" to two of my sons and their families and boundaries are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try to find this hospitality book of yours. We try very hard to practise a gospel of hospitality here - a friend once went to a women's conference where someone said that hospitality was a sign of the kingdom, and those words stuck hard with me. This was when our boys were tiny, but there came s atge where the house had to be their home more than it was an open door, and the words you show here are so true. That wolf! Walking with wolves I thought you were. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are wise words about boundaries; it is so true; if we do not have them we will have nothing to give... I hope that your family can sort it self out, I know it is not easy; may God bless you all, provide and give you peace!!! how NEAT about the statue, what talent!! I am glad you have your art supplies nearby! and good books! I have been so swamped that I am only now catching up on reading blog posts. God bless you dear one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)