Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Ramblings...

I went for a two mile walk yesterday on the route I showed in my photos, which means I walked 1/2 a mile farther down that road. There is a very steep hill section that I had forgotten was there. That was good for a little challenge. I was huffing and puffing by the time I got to the top, and it was even a little hard walking back down because it was so steep! I'll take my camera sometime to get some shots of that hill.

Gretchen, I read your comment over at GM's about the neck exercises. I actually found the book through my library, which is a rare happening! It's on board the bookmobile, so I'll have to wait until it gets back to the library. I'll try the exercise you mentioned in the meantime.

And, Granny, sorry I haven't posted more pages of Radical Hospitality. I couldn't find the excerpts I wanted to post because I had read so much by that time. It's so hard to look things up on a Kindle! I finished the book, and it was pretty good. I would recommend it.

Here are a couple of cute photos I found on my camera. 

 This one is actually sideways. Micah posted this on Facebook. She said she wakes up to this every morning. These two like to sneak into her bed. :)
 Short and sweet today! Everyone's gone right now. Nathan's at school, Josh took Jess to work, and I think he's going to get in a good long run while he's got a bit of down time. He really needs that nature and solitude.

Y'all be good! I'm coming over to read your blogs! :)
Shalom, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Your comments about finding passages you've read on the Kindle, long after you've read them, is why many times I have read a book on my Kindle and then ordered the hard copy, because when it turns out to be a good one, I can't be satisfied with that digital, relatively inaccessible format. It feels extravagant, but I always rationalize that reading is not the most expensive hobby I could have...

    So... I am forewarned not to get the ebook of Radical Hospitality :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great with walking. I can't walk much more than the 2plus miles my morning walk turns out to be. Sometimes by the time I get back I'm so beat. And, that's with no hills.
    Just today I received two more Miss Read books from Amazon. Celebrations at Thrush Green and Over the Gate. I'm looking forward to starting one later this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalom to you too, Lisa. When I first started reading your blog I loved the big old tree you talked about and drew. Now I can think about your hill! I'll think of you out there in the air and the sky while I'm inside with revising boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lisa, wonderful header with the trees and sentence from Jesaja, I love very much!
    Most adorable five children! And the two sweet owl crawling into the bed of Micah sleeping there with sweet dreams!
    Have a wonderful time,and greetings and blessings from Dori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)