Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Bird song outside my window...

It's the first day we've had when it's really warm enough to open windows. Suddenly, it's summer! (I'd better not jinx myself!) I even sat out in a lawn chair, until I discovered a wood tick climbing up my pant leg. Micah explained to me that wood ticks climb the longest piece of grass they can find and wave their arms around until something touches them. Ha ha. Can you envision that? My grass is pretty long, so that helps them out. I'm going to have to go in search of a lawn mower. We have several dead ones. Maybe there's a good repairman nearby.

The birds stayed away while I was outside, but one little hummer perched on a dead branch high up in a tree. After a long time he flew down and drank out of the feeder. Then he flew back up to the same branch. I think he's guarding the feeder. Keeping it all for himself.

Josh got this ghostly photo of a hummingbird a few days ago. Can you find the bird?


Female oriole-she's after the little dish of jam that Josh put in that planter. :)
 We've been wondering if we would see a scarlet tanager. It showed up day before yesterday!
 Yesterday morning I woke up with a swollen throat and achy muscles.  Things gradually went downhill as I developed a whopper of a fever, so I cancelled my physical therapy appointment and spent most of the day in bed. At about 10:30 last night I realized that my fever was gone. Feeling better today, but my throat is still a little sore. I'm wondering if I'll go to my PT appointment tomorrow. I really dislike going to appointments, and my neck is gradually improving (SLOWLY! It's been almost 6 weeks!) I guess I'll see how I'm doing in the morning.

Got my desk cleared off...sorta. I've been enjoying using it today to make a few cards. I switched out the chair. That WWII swivel chair had a lot of character, but it was kind of a wrestling match to get it to do what I wanted. Notice the lamp. That's lamp #3 in my little bedroom. I don't use the overhead light at all. It casts a glaring light. Light's a big deal to me, and I like it close to what I'm looking at. The bulb in this little lamp casts a bluish light. That's a no-no. I'll have to get some new bulbs. What a weirdo, right?
A couple of cute grandkid pics... Thatchy poo and his big sisters.

I think I forgot to post Hazel's kindergarten graduation pictures. Bad grandma!

And there's Sully and Della.
I finished this book:
I HIGHLY recommend it! Nabeel does a wonderful job of showing us his upbringing as a Muslim in a loving home and community. He meets a young Christian man (David Wood) in college and they spend several years becoming close brother-like friends, as well as debating the pros and cons of their belief systems. I came out of the experience knowing a lot more about Islam and Christianity. He treats the subject with humor and with a passion to know the truth, no matter what. I couldn't put it down! (He died of cancer in 2017, I believe, but not before writing several books that will bless a whole lot of us. A brilliant young man. He was part of Ravi Zacharias' ministry and some of his videos are still available on YouTube.)

Okay. Long enough! God bless you, every one!
Shalom!






5 comments:

  1. dear Lisa, I really hope, that your pains will finally have an end. I nearly always have any pains, but when it becomes unbearable, I take some medicine against pains, and then I can be funny and helpful and goodthinking again. So I see the medicine as a modern help from the Lord.

    O the photos of your grandchildren are so very very sweet!

    Have a good time - and I hope from heart you to feel in best condition very soon!

    Greetings and blessings from Dori from the Bavarian forest

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scarlet Tanager is amazing!
    In the pics of Thatcher being held by his sisters one can almost feel their love for him. Lucky little guy.
    I hope your neck gets better soon. Dh chose not to go to any PT and his wry neck has gotten better on its won. Myself, I'm not convinced that PT does much good and sometimes prolongs the pain. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can well believe that this book was such a good read! I hope you are having a good evening and a blessed peaceful weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do those ticks carry Lyme disease? I don't think a tick has ever landed on me -- I barely know what they look like, and I am really pretty afraid of them because of having a son who still suffers from the effects of Lyme, or still has the spirochete in his system. Plus a good friend who is very disabled and ill after 15 years of the disease. Ugh.

    I hope you are truly in recovery from what sounds like a nasty flu. I hope you cancelled your appointment. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEST ONLINE LOVE SPELL CASTER TO GET YOUR EX LOVER, HUSBAND, WIFE, GIRLFRIEND OR BOYFRIEND BACK. ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP: +2349083639501
    -Email- blackmagicsolutions95@gmail.com
    Hello there, my name is Darci Lyne, I read a post-comment online of a Los Angeles Based Journalist Reveals How he Permanently Cured Weak Erection & Quick Ejaculation 2 months after His wife Left Him and he also said Dr. NOSA makes his ex-wife return back after 2year of separation. I contacted the same Dr. NOSA because of my challenges in life, I have these Powerful Intentions that things will work for me, I believed in testimonies are real life proves. I realized this would be good to share here as I know it will inspire others too. I was so lucky to come across BLACK MAGIC SPELLS Caster personal contact -Email- blackmagicsolutions95@gmail.com
    I'm not sure I could have done it without him. I would have given up and believed that because my husband was seeing someone else and he said we were done. After Dr.NOSA lunched a Magic Love-spell, my husband calls me on the cell phone and he returns back home. Thank you so much for bringing back my husband home after 3 years of separation. We are forever indebted. today I'm testifying with joy and happiness to the world...also, you can
    WhatsApp with him-- +2349083639501
    * Love Spells Win-Back Ex lover
    * Success & promotion magic spell
    * lucky charm - BUSINESS STAR
    * wards - PROTECTIVE HOOK
    * curse resolution
    * Divorce problem solution?
    *a solution to sickness and diseases of the body
    *want a love spell for a new lover?
    * spiritual cleansing
    * fertility magic - FRUITS OF WOMEN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)