Friday, May 17, 2019

Nothing too unusual...

I don't have a lot of new news, but I thought I'd post a few photos. My step-son, Trev, who lives with his family in Maryland, had a business trip to the Ft. Worth area, so he got to visit and have dinner with Jordan and Brooke! I think this is his first time to meet Brooke, since he couldn't get to their wedding. (That's been almost TWO YEARS AGO! Wow. Time has sped by!) Anyway, here's a cute shot of them. Trev is 11 years older than Jordan. We have quite an age span among my 7 kids since my hubby was 14 years older than me and came with a set of 4 kids. :) Everyone lives so far away from each other that these little get-togethers are rare and very precious!
Brooke, Jordan and Trev
Here's the rest of Trev's family back in Maryland. They live in a suburb of Baltimore. This was Rhonda's Mother's Day picture.
Chloe, Kristen, daughter-in-law Rhonda, Cody and Katy, front right.
This is a picture of the "other Grandma Lisa" I mention now and then. This was taken at the "Author's Tea" put on by the second grade. There was a tea party in honor of the kids and the books they wrote this year. Audrey wrote 12 books this year. I really enjoyed reading them later, but I had to miss the event in order to babysit younger siblings. Wah.
That's Audrey's cousin, Cali, on the right and Audrey on the left.


And a photo of my step-daughter, Missy and my grandson, Aaron and his family. They live in Fargo.
Aaron, Lukas, Hailey, Chelsea, Missy
Mother's Day is a good source of family photos on Facebook!
My most recent swap was called "Put It in Your Pocket". The card needed to have some sort of pocket or slot so you could slip in a few pieces of "ephemera", as we call it. Little things which can be used in collages. This was kind of fun. I may make more!





I've been keeping up on my 2 mile/day walking, although I probably won't walk today. I plan a trip to the laundromat tomorrow, and that's right next to the trail, so I'll definitely put in a couple of miles then. Every once in a while you have to have a rest day!

Josh captured another glorious shot of our town's lake. We're surrounded by various lakes, but this is the one our town is built around.
Jordan and Brooke sent me a book for Mother's Day. I look forward to reading it. This young man was part of Ravi Zacharias' ministry, but died young from cancer.
They also sent me a kit to grow five different BONSAI TREES. I told them I hope I'm smart enough to make them grow! I have the seeds soaking right now. Tomorrow I'll begin planting them. Wish me luck! (Not the greenest thumb, here.)

My stomach says it's dinner time, and I never ignore that signal! Thanks for stopping by, everyone! Have a great weekend. Shalom!

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to see pics of various members of your family.
    I hope you have success with the Bonsai trees. I know nothing about growing them but I imagine they came with instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! My Sister-in-law was just telling me about that book you were given! Let us know if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you about the bonsais - I think that would be fun to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I think this may be my first comment on your blog; I only just discovered it, via GretchenJoanna and Elizabeth...happy to "meet" you! That book looks very interesting to me, and I added it to my list to someday read. I hope you will share your impressions with us eventually. I look forward to visiting here again! Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)