Monday, August 15, 2011

Hey, look Pom Pom!

I was looking through the very old copy (1905) of A Child's Garden of Verses that I just found at a garage sale, and there were your little girls looking at their reflections! I thought that was pretty cool.
And isn't this a pretty picture? It's from the same book.
I posted this picture on my other blog. It's a neat old book, but the pages are falling out. I'm wondering if I might try making an altered book out of it. I'll have to find out more about that, but I'm hoping I can do something with it to preserve it. Since it's in such bad shape I wouldn't be afraid to draw and paint on the pages. Just a thought! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! See how things come to us? I've always wanted to make an altered book from start to finish. Let's put that on the back burner and when we aren't absorbed in school, we can make it happen. I was in my neighbor's basement this afternoon and she had a tub of Little Golden Books sitting there. I commented and she said, "Take it!" Yahoo! There are some Richard Scary books I haven't seen. Guess what I'm drawing next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those Little Golden Books! What a gift! I have some cute Richard Scarry books. Maybe I'll find something in there to draw! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't totally neglected our art exchange! I am finally ready for school, so I might have to go into the Pom Pom studio, breathe deep and draw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)