Thursday, October 1, 2020

Yawn...Oh! Excuse me!

 Ha ha. I seem to be going through a season of life when I wake at 4 a.m. and can't get back to sleep...so I get up! Then later I'm so draggy that I try to nap without much success. Part of the reason I'm too lazy to blog much. ;)

I've been doing a lot of reading and watching YouTube vlogs/podcasts/or whatever they call them. Lots of politics and religion, so I won't go into that, ha ha. Well, maybe a little. 

One of my favorites to watch at the moment is John L Cooper, who some of us know as the lead singer in a Christian Rock band called Skillet. My boys listened to them a lot about 20 years ago!! Everyone is getting old! Anyway, Skillet is still out there singing and this young man (whom I'd like to adopt) has a YouTube channel called Cooper Stuff where he talks about politics and religion. He has a lot of wisdom on both topics, in my opinion. I'm very impressed with him and his family. 

Other than that I've started reading through the Bible in a year in chronological order. I'll probably cheat and read some NT at the same time I'm working through the OT. I think this is a time in history when we really need to know what's in the Bible and how to defend our faith. I'm weak in that area, so I'm trying to learn more. 

When I'm not doing that I'm making a few cards and walking. Yesterday it was so wet and cold that I did my first YouTube workout. I just don't enjoy biting winds and damp air! :) And Leslie Sansone's walking workouts exercise some muscles I don't use when I just walk.

Let's see what I can rustle up for photos.

These were for an ongoing APC swap called Flowers and a Little Something Extra.


These were for the Postage Stamp ATC swap with a theme of Christmas.

In my last blog post I showed a "Found Poetry" card. These are for the same swap. The one on the right is called Blackout Poetry because you use a whole page of text, then draw squares around words and "black out" the rest of the page with your picture. (Hope that makes sense!)

And last, but not least, the grand girls coloring outside a few weeks ago. It was warm then!
I think that's all the news for now. I had fun visiting blogs this morning. I may miss one of your posts now and then, but I try to get around and see what you're all up to. I'm interested! 

Love y'all!
Shalom!



6 comments:

  1. I say here and now: GOOD morning, dear early Lisa!! Hope you will sleep a little bit longer when October goes on.

    To read the Bible is a good time to spend. I read the bible every day, i have a dayly book with one or two sentences. These are the teachers for the day. Often the sentences speak directly into my situation. Its always one sentence from the old testament and one of the new. The book is calles LOSUUNGEN 2020. It is translated into several languanges, also English. I think you can buy LOSUNGEN 2021 also everywhere in USA now. I can imagine you find it easy in the Internet.

    I really love the summer-photo of the girls!

    Many greetings and good time for you and your blessed family from Dori

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://shop.chrismedia24.de/kalender-1/losungen-englisch-2021.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weather sure changed fast. Hopefully you'll get a stretch of warm days soon. A fine October makes the winter seem shorter.
    The older I get the less I seem to get done in a day. I'd like to try the Blackout Poetry but doubt I'll get around to it. I bought myself a colouring book meant for adults but don't think I've done more than a handful of pages.
    I hope you can break the cycle of waking way too early then later feeling all dragged out. No fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Is it cold now for the duration? I hope you get some bright days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so understand about feeling sleepy! We get up quite early too, and eat breakfast so early. I'm ready for lunch at 10:30, for a nap around noon, and for bed about 8:30. It's a terrible cycle, but I don't know how to change it!
    Thanks for that youtube recommendation for exercise. I'm trying to walk every day, but I know cold and rainy days are coming, and I'll need an inside option. Whenever I feel unmotivated, I remind myself that I am avoiding NEEDLES AND SHOTS in my leg for diabetes. That gets me moving again! Have a lovely day, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are always so creatively productive, Lisa! I find myself falling into bad habits of phone swiping for hours when I am tired and brainslow now that the evenings are cooler and darkening. You are burrowing cosily into Autumn - enjoy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)