Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Photo dump...

 I'm just going to put in a bunch of photos and then go back and comment and fill in. Don't know how it will turn out, but what's new? Ha ha!

Micah's chickens, ducks and turkey are growing up. She has chickens from last year too, but she got a few more this year. Everyone likes the disintegrating wading pool. Especially the ducks. It's hard to locate a new wading pool this time of year. We'll have to think fast when this one gives up the ghost.
Micah is kept busy taking care of her 100 meat chicks, plus milking goats and caring for miscellaneous horses and chickens. The chickens are free ranging, so eggs are hard to find. Bandit the dog found two yesterday and picked them up without cracking them, so maybe he's an Egg Hound? We'll see if that skill persists! Eventually Adam will get a chicken run made so they will stay in there most of the day, so eggs will be laid in nests. So many building projects! He just finished building the outside pen for the goats. They've also been free ranging. I've made a couple of batches of goat cheese and it's pretty good!
This is Meatloaf the turkey. She's especially friendly and likes to perch on my steps, which would be lovely if she would refrain from leaving gifts for me to clean up. Micah loves her so much. I don't think she'll have to worry come Thanksgiving.
This is Hei Hei. Have you seen Moana? Then you get it. Hei Hei has a deformed beak and foot, but she's a very sweet little chicken and seems to be handling her challenges very well.
The deer are headed west. It must be evening.
I gathered this wild bouquet while returning from a walk. This was the first bee balm I've seen this year.
Do you see the rainbow? It was better in real life. :)
Glorious clouds...


The kids tell us this spider builds her web on the side of the oak tree every night. This is right outside my window. The spider is about the size of a quarter. Right before I took the photo a couple of moths plowed through the bottom part of the web. Shucks. The engineering is awesome. The web is anchored to the ground and to the trunk and branch of the tree.
ATC time!
For this swap the host sent us cards with a word on each one. We had to illustrate the word. I'm pretty straightforward in my thinking.

This swap was called Children with Wings and Words.

An earlier bouquet and some art by Audrey.
An ongoing swap called Cat and a Little Something Extra-3's.

And here are the 2's for the same series.

This swap was, of course, called Ocean Life.

Life has been full of babysitting, walking, watching softball games, reading and other everday activities. It's been a nice summer and I hope you're all doing well.

Oh, my current reading is 7 Women and the Secret to Their Greatness by Eric Metaxas, Faithfully Different by Natasha Crain and D-Day by Stephen Ambrose. 

The grandkids/next-door-neighbors are growing like weeds and are so sprightly and interested in life. They're a constant source of fun and I'm so thankful for them. They keep me from drifting into my natural tendency to be a recluse.

God is good and I'm constantly reminded that we're all totally dependent on Him. My devotional, New Morning Mercies, speaks to this daily. We can do nothing without Him! I hope you're all leaning on God today.

I think I'll go to YouTube and go to the Relaxing Walker channel and take a walk around Jerusalem via video. A favorite thing to do. (Making it a prayer walk is even better!)

Love y'all! Shalom!


6 comments:

  1. I love this story you tell with great photos about your family-life! I love your faithful life-style!! Yes, I agree. We can do nothing without HIM. The old water-bowl is a good friend of all!

    Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest! Greetings to all the fowls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now here is my picture again. Google is intelligent :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like the children with wings and words ATCs. Cute.
    There's a lot happening around your place what with chickens, goats, grandkids. Life wouldn't be the same without them.
    You must still be going for walks because you gathered wildflowers for your bouquet. Have a great rest- of- the- summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the good update and all the beautiful photos! Those could photos are stunning. My, what a large flock of birds you live near! Always exciting, with birds and lovely grandchildren. I am letting my chickens free range in our house lot now, after about 10 or 11 am each day. That way they lay their eggs in their laying boxes and then enjoy keeping the bug population down (and eating less chicken pellets).
    Looks like all is well with you! Blessings, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read about all the farmy things your family is always doing. Nice to hear the children are noticing the building habits of the spider. They are so blessed to be living in that world of abundant natural life.

    The Relaxing Walker is captivating! I will have to subscribe so I can find it easily again. Thanks for the tip <3

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. The five children on the sofa are so cute. You are so rich!
    And what nice ducks and cat and and and ...nature all around. This is a great blessing for your grandchildren.

    Many greetings from Dori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)