Thursday, December 15, 2022

Snow day(s)

Greetings, friends and family! 

I recorded my exercise for the day: shoveling snow. We got dumped on yesterday. Then the plow truck came and pushed the snow around, but he left a pile in front of my garage door. It was dark out when he did the plowing last night, so I figured I'd shovel that pile away this morning. Over night a few more inches were added, but I did go out and shovel the pile to one side. I hope the plow will come back later this evening because we're getting 4-8 inches more today. This overhang of snow came crashing down a few minutes after I took the photo. Each time it does that I shovel my front step so it doesn't build up until I can't get the door open, lol.




This was taken a week or two ago. These are the first deer I've seen since moving in on October 1st! 
Some snowy day activities to keep me busy. I bought a couple of these for the grands and decided to get one for myself. 
Making slow progress on the puzzle. There's a close-up shot of the puzzle below. It actually shows my area if you look closely. I love the retro look of it. I hope all the pieces are there so I can frame it when I'm finished. It was from a thrift store, so there are no guarantees. :)
My little Christmas corner and the digital photo frame I got for my birthday. I love that!
My latest read. I haven't read any Max lately, but really loved this one.
Here's that close-up of the puzzle.
I checked in with Micah and she and the kids are staying close to home while it snows. Adam and his crew went to work despite the weather. They work under tarps draped over scaffolding when they have to. (Stone masonry for those who don't know.) In news from their farm Micah said the ducks are loving the snow. They're rolling around in it and having a great time. Meatloaf the turkey layed her first egg. Most white commercial turkeys don't live long enough to lay eggs, but she's still enjoying life, ha ha. 

Well, those are the high points for the moment. Staying cozy, shoveling when needed and making some lunch. I hope you're all well. I'll be making the blog rounds and checking up on you. :)

Love and shalom to all of you!


 

8 comments:

  1. You're living in a very snowy world!! I just talked to my sister in Manitoba and same thing there....lots and lots of snow.,
    I imagine that the deer are coming out of hiding now that hunting season is done.
    Meatloaf is the name of a turkey? That's hilarious. Will it become turkey dinner on Christmas, I wonder?
    You sound like you're keeping busy. I hope you're feeling okay, Granny M.

    (I still don't know how to stop being 'anonymous')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, Meatloaf is such a pet. She's safe, ha ha. :) Not sure about the anonymous thing.

      Delete
  2. Dear Lisa, you have a lot of snow and so a lot of hard sport! I see, you organize your new home and make the best. Very brave and always light and love in your heart i faith and for for your children and grandchildren. BIG compliment!! I love deer very much. The little Christmastree is nice.
    Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest, we have some snow,too. Lovely Greetings to the ducks and to the turkey!
    When can you go back to your beloved young family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know when I can move back out there. Could be a year or two. Lots of building to do first. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of snow!! Take good care!! It's so nice to hear from you on your blog!!! Love you snowcday activities!❤️ blessings to you 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. I manage to haul armfuls of firewood around and tend the fires, but I think shoveling snow would put my back out really fast! I'm glad you are able to get good exercise from it.

    GretchenJoanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post thank you Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)