Monday, June 13, 2011

Learning about my camera...

I finally figured out how to transfer the pics from my camera to my computer. Wonder if I'll remember how I did it, next time! :) Here are a few photos of my sketchbook. I did some lessons from Bruce McIntyre's Drawing Textbook a few years back. I thought it was a lot of fun. There are still more to do, so this is another avenue for drawing practice. Of course, my sketchbook also works great for pressing flowers!
These are some of the red Columbines that bloom on the edges of our woods. They have changed color somewhat as they dried. They are usually salmon colored with a yellow middle. My favorite wildflower along with the bergamot.
I save illustrations out of old magazines as models to copy. This picture is from a 1974 issue of Cricket magazine. I may remain a lifelong copier since someone else has to make all of the design decisions and I can just parrot them! So much easier than thinking for myself, lol!

These two are from Bruce McIntyre's Drawing Textbook.
Here I copied an interesting "Bilbo Hand" font from a website. Cute, huh? To the left you see an illustration by Kevin Henkes I saved for copywork.
I also sketch ideas for hooked rugs, notecards, etc.
Here is a sample of some of the drawings I saved from the Cricket magazine to use as inspiration for drawing practice.
I'm having fun! How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I like Ladybug and Cricket! I should dig some up! I love looking in your sketchbook, Lisa! I am just about ready to send you your snail mail art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)