Saturday, September 15, 2018

Quick one...again.

Hi, all! I'm just typing from the library again. :)

It's hard to know how to dress these days! It's supposed to be 80 today, but it started out 60 and overcast, so I'm wearing jeans and a flannel shirt. Hope I don't roast later. Fortunately, the library and Walmart (my two destinations) are known for being cold. Yay.

MK, glad to see your house looks to be in good shape. Wish I could grab my rake and come help you clear up the debris! I hope the storm has worn itself out. I seldom hear news, so I'm pretty much out of the loop. I've sent up some prayers for you!

My furnace still isn't working. I'm hoping the repairman will have the needed part by Monday. This warm weather may not hold out forever!

In the last week or so my daughter and I have experienced a weird phenomenon, twice. Both days were overcast with small areas of blue sky showing through. We've heard something like a jet passing over, but it doesn't pass over. It seems to go in circles, gets quieter, returns and circles and gets louder. It doesn't sound like a helicopter. It sounds like a jet. (Or a spaceship...) This lasts for several minutes. The first thing that leaped to mind was a harrier jet because they can hover. We can't SEE anything "up there" because of the clouds. The first time this happened (Monday, Oct. 10), Micah and I were standing together on her back deck. The second time (yesterday) I was at home. I called Micah (four miles away) and she said she had just texted me to see if I heard it! I didn't get the text. Oh, man! Now they're scrambling our communications! LOL. My daughter's friend, who lives 7 miles away, heard it too. A couple of others have also heard it. One hypothesis is that it might be something on the ground, and the sound is bouncing off the cloud layer. Any ideas? Wee-oo-wee-oo... ;) I'm sure there's a perfectly rational...(boring)...explanation. Weigh in with your thoughts.

Here are my latest creations.



OH, almost forgot. I believe I'll be returning to my old roots at the Faithbridge Baptist church. I help with AWANA (a children's program) there on Wednesdays and my heart just wants to be back there. The folks at the Church of Christ in Nevis have been very good to me, but it just doesn't feel like home like Faithbridge does. I was figuring out how long Bob and I went there. I think it's been almost 20 years, though we haven't always been regular. I think this summer at the C of C has been a good experience for me. It's taught me to break out  of my shell a bit and hobknob with people I don't know well. Anyway, I thought I'd add a note here. It's awkward pulling out when I've been so involved, but it just seems like the right thing to do. I often let others make up my mind for me just out of a sense of not wanting to hurt feelings. They will surely be fine without me. ;)

You folks have a GRAND weekend! I love you!
Shalom!

4 comments:

  1. Strange and mysterious noises would make me nervous. I wonder what in the world ( literally) could be making them. Is it faintly possible it has something to do with the awful storms that we keep hearing about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. It's very jet-like and mechanical sounding. Well, a little mystery can make life more exciting! Right? ;)

      Delete
  2. what a mystery!!! *** All the best with church things - it's not always easy. A big HUG today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, thanks for your prayers so much! I'll finally be driving back home tomorrow. The past 2 weeks have felt like more than a month.
    Regarding church, it's good to go to the place that feels like home. I think that's what we're all looking for when we go to church. But it also seems like you had a wonderful experience at the new church. There's absolutely nothing wrong with going to both, or going to one most of the time, but the other occasionally. That way, they won't feel abandoned by you, or hurt. Once they realize that you've not disappeared, and that they'll see you sometimes, it will help a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)