Wednesday, September 18, 2019

A change of technology...

My old faithful laptop finally gave up the ghost. I had just gotten it back from the repair shop and thought all was well, but then it began making weird noises and I shut it off lest it should explode. I had gotten all of my important pictures and files transferred to an external hard drive when it was in the shop, so I'm thankful for that. Now, rather than investing in a new laptop, I'm learning how to use my iPad. I think this slow hunt and peck method of typing will encourage me to write shorter posts. I'll also have to take photos with the iPad since I can't upload to it from my old camera. Learning curve! I know I can get a keyboard for it, but I'm going to try to get by without it. This is an iPad 2, so it's older, but I bought it for $30 from the local school when they replaced their old ones. (My main problem is the frustration of the slow typing which doesn't go well with my racing brain!)

Micah totaled her van last week when a deer collided with her. She was alone at the time and she's fine. She and Adam found a new used van on Saturday but it won't be delivered until tomorrow. Meanwhile, we're doing a lot of juggling to get everyone where they need to be using Adam's truck and my car.

Adam has been putting up a new fence around their yard and sully has figured out how to open the sliding door to get out to play. See the bar on the door? Only way to keep him in.  Remember this house is still under construction so the yard is a mess, but do you see the cattle panel by the red wagon in the background? Sully crawled through one of those squares the other day! I watched him from my window or I wouldn't have believed it. That's why they don't want him going out alone. He's an escape artist and usually heads for the road when he gets a chance. Anyway, the cattle panel was just a temporary gate. Adam built a nice solid gate and installed it last night. It might slow sully down, but he requires constant vigilance.


I'm going to give up and post this as is. I can't figure out how to drop down below the next photo and continue typing. It won't let me scroll down and even see the next photo and I'm getting impatient. I'll  keep trying!

Thanks for checking in!
Shalom!


4 comments:

  1. I find learning anything new is hard for me. At this time ( don't laugh) I'm trying hard to master using the self check-outs at Walmart. I shop there a lot and always went to the 12 items or less cashiers. It was fast and they did it all. Now no more 12 items or less and about 10 self check-outs. Every single time I do something wrong and I have to wait until someone comes and helps. Frustrating.
    That Sully. He's determined to get out, isn't he!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it is also hard and I don't love to learn any new technology! Maybe I would try to learn this, too, if there would be no other way for blogging. You make it very good!!

    O Sully, he keeps you all awake :) and looking and running :)

    Hope the cars soon are all fit again.

    Thank you for going on posting your always lovely and lifely stories around your blessed brave life!

    Greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when we get used to the old technology, and it feels comfortable, we have to get used to something new! I esp. hate it when blogger changes things unexpectedly. Maybe, after a while, you'll enjoy your iPad? I hope so.
    Little boys are often escape artists. We had one like that. And once they learn how to climb! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This always-never-catching-up aspect of technological devices is the biggest time-waster. Even if you wanted to spend the money for a nice up-to-date computer like I have, it would fail you in some way, and you'd either have to limp along or spend time finding someone to help.

    Somehow I have to learn to be in the presence of God even when dealing with all this kind of nonsense. Last time I at least had a God-centered discussion with my computer guy when he was here working on the latest problem. And when I start to get flustered, occasionally I stop and recollect myself. Lord, have mercy!

    May the Lord's peace cover your relationship with your devices! (And His protection cover that grandson!) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)