Sunday, May 24, 2020

Wow! Where have I been?

The weeks fly by, don't they? I didn't even remember that this was Memorial Day weekend...until I ventured into little Nevis and found it swarming with "tourists". Gassing up the toys. (ATV's, etc.) But it's kind of nice to see people on the trail when you go for a walk.

Today I washed a quilt and then took it into the laundromat to dry it in a larger machine. My machine just wraps it up in a burrito that thumps around and doesn't dry well. While it dried I took a 2 mile walk on the trail. I've been doing pretty well with the walks.

We're finally getting leaves! This photo was taken probably a week or more ago, so they're bigger now.
My flowers have moved outdoors. It occurred to me that it isn't too smart to have a house full of flowers when I know I have pollen allergies. (My car is coated with pollen!) The yard still looks a little ratty. The bushes haven't leafed out much yet. We need some good rain. And our soil is just sand, so the grass is sparse in some places. But it was fun to see a hummingbird enjoying the flowers this morning! The hummingbird feeder is in a tree just to the left of the row of flower pots. I'm going to leave them in pots since the soil is so bad and I'm not looking for a major gardening project.
I mentioned a month ago that I was dealing with acid reflux again. It's still going on though I've cut out everything that's supposed to exacerbate it. I have however lost over 10 pounds! Yay! I'll keep going and maybe do some more reading up on it. The last time I had this problem (about 2 years ago, I think) I went to the doctor and he wasn't much help.

In other health news, I just had an eye doctor appointment. Looks like I'm going to be evaluated for cataract surgery on my left eye. She also said my right eye (which also has the beginnings of a cataract) also looks a little suspicious for glaucoma. So, I'm getting tested for that, too. I won't get the cataract surgery unless I'm sure my insurance covers it. I'll find out on Tuesday. If it doesn't, I'll wait for the magic age of 65 when Medicare should kick in. Anyway, prayers appreciated.

Been messing about with ATCs. These were from a swap where we had to create a card out of various bits and pieces someone else sent us. An interesting challenge.




 This is from a continuing series of swaps. We had to do zentangles whose names began with the letter P, Q or R.

 My view is getting greener little-by-little.

These were for a swap called Map It! We just had to include a map on the card. The rest was up to us. 

 Thrift stores opened up! I found this copy of Kristin Lavransdatter. I've had it before (in three separate books) and donated it without reading it. When I saw this I thought I might like to have it on my shelves "just in case" I get around to it. I know a couple of you have read it. Is it worth the time and effort?

 This ancient little book is a missionary story. I felt sorry for it, lol.

And another cool old book. It claims to give definitions for some of the new words we use. Like automobilist!
 Adam resurrected the girls' teepee fort. The boards are now securely screwed into a frame around the trees. But are they playing in it? No...
They've set up an old table in the yard where they are conducting geological experiments. I gave them a book about rocks (thrift store find!) and they've been collecting, washing and studying rocks for days! These kids have more toys than you can shake a stick at, but they prefer to play with sand, dirt, rocks, sticks. I think it's kind of cool that they still like to do that sort of thing. :)
Whoops, they saw me taking their picture. Ha ha. The stacks of boards are siding for the house. I think Adam's going to finish that project soon. Too many projects; too little time! (See their science table?)
I think that pretty much brings us up to date. Think I'll have a little lunch and then visit blogs. See you there!
Shalom, friends and family! 

9 comments:

  1. I'm excited for thrift stores opening up!! I've read my pile of books-to-read and am looking forward to getting new ones. Also could do with a few pieces of 'new' clothing although we're still not going anywhere other than over to the kids'.
    I laughed when I read how your grands have all manner of toys and play with rocks and dirt. So typical. Now that the nice weather has arrived and the restrictions are beginning to ease a little the kids can finally get out and hopefully play on the playgrounds ( which have all been taped off with CLOSED signs for far too long).
    I'm impressed that you've been able to lose weight ( I'm assuming you actually wanted to) but your continuing problem with acid reflux is not good. Are you able to raise the head of your bed by a few inches. I've heard that's supposed to work. I hope you find something that helps.
    See how much I missed you? I'm going on and on here. Anyway, I hope you're okay. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. Dear Lisa, yes, time is running - -

    Spring is going fast into the long days of June/Summer. I like it! The Green is growing fine, children can play outside and make their experiments with stones and sticks. End with toys inside :)

    My best wishes for your eyes. It's called here "Grey Star". The operation is simple today and afterwards people say, they see VERY VERY good. Hope it will be no problem with your assurance.

    Many greetings and blessings from forest to forest from Dori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin Lavransdatter is worth many readings! It is an amazingly rich account of Kristin's life from childhood to death, in medieval times, It reveals the universality of human nature, at the same time it was authentically medieval.

    I knew someone who read it every year. My husband even read it and gave it to his sister who never reads fiction, and she read it and loved it. I've read it twice, and would like to again... but not every year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking green and springy there!
    It's wonderful that the kids love to play with nature, and be outside. That's a blessing.
    Regarding Kristin Lavransdatter -- yes, it is worth the effort. I read the trilogy through twice, years ago, and would love to do so again. A warning: at the end of Book 1, do NOT ... I repeat, do NOT ... give up. It will feel a bit like a soap opera. It's not. It's a woman who is only beginning her painful development in life. The writer won the Nobel Prize for lit., early on. But in my opinion, yes, very worth reading. It's actually the story of a slow spiritual awakening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really LOVE Kristin Lavransdatter! I want to read it again!
    I'll pray for your eyes.
    Your ATC's are charming as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)