Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Pleasant summer days!


Thanks for those expressing concern over the (not MY) acid reflux issue. (I don't like to "own" illnesses.) I'm still on my restricted diet, though I feel pretty good. It is mostly the bad taste in my mouth that bothers me. GM, you suggested raising the head of my bed. Actually, I sleep in my recliner a lot, so that should help. I'll probably keep up the way I'm eating. I did need to lose the weight. It makes walking easier!

The slate tile was painted by an acquaintance.


I got this wind chime at Walmart. Unfortunately, it gets all tangled up, so I may "reconfigure" it somehow. It makes a nice delicate sound.

I've been doing a lot of walking, and did a short (15 minutes) standing pilates routine today that is a good complement to the walking. Good for balance and flexibility and stretching those parts that don't get worked out with just walking. The weather is beautiful and getting pretty warm. For us. ;)

I've just finished reading God Has a Name by John Mark Comer. Really loved it! Next on the reading agenda is Letters by a Modern Mystic by Frank C. Laubach. (First published in 1937.) This was recommended by John Mark Comer. Also, The Life You've Always Wanted by John Ortberg. Both the Comer and Ortberg books were given to me by my son, Jordan.  After I complete all of this "spiritual reading", I'll read a little more fiction. Oh, I'm also still reading A Tramp Abroad by Mark Twain. Slowly but surely.

Finally, got my lawn mower up and running and mowed my lawn a couple of days ago. Might need it again soon! Good exercise! :)

The grandgirls and I did some rock painting about a week ago. Hiding painted rocks along the local trails is really catching on around here. I'll have to get some finished so I can take them on my walks.

Micah and Adam were working on the siding on their house yesterday. He's teaching her to measure and cut boards with the chop saw. They're making a board and batten style of siding. Time intensive, but I think it will look great when they're done. I babysat and wrangled the two smallest ones so Micah could help. It's a good break for her and an excuse to spend some time with hubby.

I'll be catching up on blog reading today, I hope. I noticed that I got 3 spammy comments out of 8 comments total. Where are these people coming from? Nothing harmful, I don't think. Just advertising their sites. I hope deleting is all that's called for.

I had more photos to share, but my thumb drive went whacko after I uploaded the above photos. Will try again next time. *sigh*

Y'all enjoy your summer weather wherever you may be!
Shalom and love to all!

7 comments:

  1. I don't think I've heard of any of the books you mention. I picked up a Philip Yancey book at the thrift store... Praying with the KGB. I've read pretty well all his books and not been disappointed. This one has a strange title and I'm looking forward to reading it.
    I like the painted slate tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. yay for exercise!!! I am trying to get more of that too! I can see that it would be a blessing to have some time to work along side her husband, great that you could help so M. could do that! :) :) :) God bless you! (oh and fun reading!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa, ireally see and feel the happiness about your fine summerdays with good ideas, spiritual books, working outdoor, cloured stones along the ways of your Granddaughters - -

    Try to drink every day into empty stomach "Teufelskrallen-Tea".. Its very helpful, but very bitter. I love this tee!

    Good for stomach and more.

    Greetings and blessings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest.

    Peace and good hearts for your country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. devil's claw tea

    Wild name, but helpful! A beautiful plant from Africa

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good walking weather now. We better enjoy it before the heat and bugs come, right? I've been riding my yellow bike. The uphill parts are no fun but the downhill rides are so fun! I love the rock idea. I'm going to do that! I'll have to have a "spread the paints out on the dining room table" day! Take care, dear Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our weather this morning is cool and rainy. I love that in June! When I get a spammy comment, I tag is as "spam," hoping that somehow that will dissuade them from being able to do it again ... I hope. Micah's siding sounds like it will be beautiful!
    In Oriental (near us), they've taken the Chinese dragon as their town symbol b/c of their name. So people get oval shaped rocks, and paint them as "dragon eggs" and leave them around town. It's really cute. There's even a sort of scavenger hunt for tourists, going around the town, hunting for all the eggs.
    When I get a little acid reflux, I sometimes drink water with a good bit of lemon juice in it, no sugar, quite tart. But the acid really helps. The reflux (for me) comes when my stomach gases "burp" up and force open that little esophagus valve. In order to calm those gases, my gut needs more acid to balance it. It helps a lot, but not sure if that's your issue. But it's a cheap and natural solution :) I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)