Saturday, June 13, 2020

So, what's in my camera?

This will just be a willy-nilly journey through my camera's memory card. Life goes on pretty normally, so not much news. I did get checked for glaucoma on Monday, but haven't heard back from the doctor. I'm hoping no news is good news, right?

Taking almost daily walks, and the weather is gorgeous. Hope yours is too! :)

And now, in no particular order as usual...

Rock painting continues...
 These are the only two I've finished.
 Some thrift store finds. Someone donated several hand-made pottery bowls. They aren't glazed inside, but they make perfect bowls for rinsing brushes. And they're heavy enough that the kids won't tip them over. And I love that they're hand-made.
 This vase was also a thrift store find.
 Hazel made me a surprise gift. It's a special potion made of water, paint and hand sanitizer. She's really into making exotic concoctions. As she gave it to me she told me just how to make it,  in case I wanted to make more later. "And," she said, "if your jar doesn't have a lid, you can just make your own. Like this!" Bless her sweet little creative heart. She loves to make gifts for people!
 I tried to take an artsy photo of Paris the pony through the foliage. She refused to strike the correct pose!
 Trying to capture the morning light. I knew you'd want to see my lawnmower and gas can, so I included them.
 I hunted down some elusive ferns hiding among my bushes.
 These two are kind of wonky, so they're going in a vase in the house. I cut others and pressed them in the Rand McNally Road Atlas you see in the picture. They were too big to fit in the Bible Atlas, ha ha. If I frame these I'll have to give them away as gifts. My walls are full!


 Went for a walk yesterday. Of course, on the days I remember to take my camera, it's usually overcast. I had been without my camera the day before and saw some flowers I wanted to take pics of, so I went back out yesterday armed with a camera. The flowers had already begun to fade in just one day!
The yellow iris I photographed last year is making a come back. Not quite fully opened yet.
 There are lots of columbines. They never look as vibrant in my photos as they do in real life.
 This little wild rose was fully open and fresh yesterday. Look at it now!
 They may be hard to see, but there are lots of buds on this rose bush. So there are many more to look forward to.
More columbines.

 See the viney sort of thing closest to the camera? I've wondered for a couple of years what it was because it's the only one of its kind I've seen on the trail. You flower experts will think me silly for not figuring it out. After some research I see it's a...
 Hairy Honeysuckle! (An unattractive name for a pretty plant.)
 I'm not even sure if they're supposed to grow in our area.
 Heading back.
 And I found some more random ATCs.

These were for the Southwest Images swap.
We have a retired judge from our area who has become a world traveler, and he writes a column for our little local paper. The red buttes you see in three of the backgrounds are pictures of his that were printed in our paper. He travels overseas as well.


We continue to work our way through the alphabet, making zentangles whose names (yes, they have names) start with each letter. I decided to just get them all done and sent in ahead of time rather than stringing it out for months. I'm impatient. :)

You can find zentangle patterns here.

Alphabetic Zentangle Y, Z and 0-9 (Names that start with a number.)



 Alphabetic Zentangle V,W,X



 Butterflies and Flowers swap. Apparently I didn't take a photo of the other two cards I made. The backgrounds on these are napkins which are decorated with a Van Gogh design. (Irises.) I decoupaged that on the card and then glued on butterflies. I found several packages of pretty napkins at the thrift store that I'll use for making cards. :)


 Library Catalog Cards swap. We were sent 6 catalog cards and had to make a card for three of the titles. Plus, I usually make an extra for the host. He likes haiku, so I made that one for him. We could cut up the cards and just use parts.



Alphabetic Zentangles S,T,U

It looks like a promising sunshiney day, with a brisk breeze blowing. I did some mowing yesterday, and hope to finish up today. Micah and Adam are working on finishing up the siding on their house. So it's an outside kind of day! Hope you all enjoy your weekend!

Love and shalom from the backwoods of northern Minnesota!

4 comments:

  1. How sweet that Hazel makes special potions for you. Last year M was still doing that. He'd ask if he could have leaves from various herbs and mint and ask me to boil water to pour over it. We added a wee bit of sugar and sipped our concoctions. Some were worse than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. Hazel really is funnysweet! My sons in former time made special waters and closed the jar and waited for a chemical process. It really was adventurous :)

    O yes, I see your fine weather. Is it true, that winter is gone? The time is passing by so quickly! Fine flowers! Yes, I see the many little awaking roses - - - I make the flower-decoration for our small church every week, and for this Sunday I found the same roses: wedding-clothes - -

    Fine drawings you produce. And the stones with colours are really beautiful!

    Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Hairy Honeysuckle! It is so surprising, and fun, the way the scenery on a country walk changes every day! Especially fun, if you always have your camera, and disappointing, as you note, when you miss the flower at its peak... except that you *didn't* miss it, because you were out there every day! Which I haven't been :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)