Saturday, August 15, 2020

A quick update...

 The surgery went well. I got a post-op checkup yesterday and I read the eye chart. She said I was one line above 20/20 and that it would get even better as it healed! Meanwhile, my close vision and the vision in my other eye are still bad, but I can't get reading glasses until the second eye is done and healed. So, this type of blogging may be difficult since I can't see what I'm doing very well. :)

Granny, you mentioned eye drops. I know of someone else who had to put in drops every 3 hours, but my doctor said there would be no eye drops. I'm not sure why doctors do things differently. She said I could use over the counter eye drops after a few more days of healing. She said they could contain bacteria, so she wanted me to be well on the way to healing before using those. She said to take Tylenol if I felt pain, but I haven't even had to do that. It just feels a little irritated, like with a dry contact lens.

Next surgery, August 27!

Anyway, doing well! Thanks for all your encouragement!

Shalom and love!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad all went well. Yes, there were 3 different eye drops for before and after the surgery.This went on for a couple of weeks! I remember one was an antibiotic to prevent any infection, another was to control inflammation and I don't know what the other was. Who knows if I really needed them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, thank you so much for this very fine update! I always think of you with prayers - I'm so thankful thant you feel good!

    Blessings and greetings from summer in Europe to summer in USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news, Lisa! So glad this went well. You will be able to toss your glasses into a drawer I supposed? Eye surgery is so amazing these days.
    (Looks like you got a scammy comment above?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I hope the time flies until your next surgery. It is so wonderful that you can have that done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)