Friday, December 11, 2020

The stork delivers again!

 I'm a little late announcing that on November 23 grandchild #18, Colton Scott, joined us, weighing in at 7 lb. 1 oz.!  His parents tell us he's a keeper and everyone is doing fine. :) He lives with his parents in Longmont, Colorado. 

I hope you've all had a great holiday season so far. I'll have to catch up on blogs after I post this. I think I'm spending too much time on YouTube! I've been watching a lot of episodes of Sherlock Holmes lately. This is an old television series starring Ronald Howard that I'd never seen before. I like that they're only 30 minutes long. The Basil Rathbone version is usually an hour or so long and is more like a movie. I like both!

Our church usually has a Widows Luncheon at Christmas time, but wasn't able to have it this year. So, instead, they gave us each a nice gift box. 


And here's a little picture of Miss River May. Hope you can see it. 


Once again, I'm hunting around through my pictures looking for something interesting to talk about. Not that my family isn't interesting, but I guess we all have fairly routine lives. Micah has several doctor appointments for Adele, in preparation for some dental surgery. All of the doctors seem to be an hour or more away from home, so we'll be on the road a lot in the next couple of weeks. (A physical checkup today, a covid test next week and then dental work on the 22nd.) It will be nice to have that behind us!

And now, let the randomness begin!

Some inchies...


These were for a swap in which we had to use at least one postage stamp on each card with a theme of performance arts.


Backgrounds that someone will add collage elements to...


Barncat. You can't tell from this photo, but this guy weighs about ten pounds...or more. He looks like a raccoon!

More backgrounds. These three were made from a very old Czech primer. It was in bad shape, so I wasn't too hesitant to use it for collage.

The next three are macro shots of butterfly wings. (Backgrounds, once again.)
I'm not sure if I've shown the next four cards. We received an envelope from the swap host containing odds and ends and we had to use at least two items from her bits and pieces for each card. We call this a Trash to Treasure swap.

I was babysitting Sully yesterday while Micah and the other four kids went somewhere. I got a paper cut from a book I was looking at and Sully ran to the kitchen, climbed up on the counter, found a band-aid (Wonder Woman?) in the upper cabinets and then proceeded to extricate it from the wrapper and bandage my finger. He insisted. Quite the emergency first aid responder!
A couple more I'm not sure if I've shown... This was another swap which required the use of postage stamps. This time with a bird theme (on at least one stamp). The backgrounds sometimes make more sense when you can see what country the stamps come from, lol.

The previously shown fat cat, joined by another.

A Sully gift. I couldn't resist! I also got the three girls and Sully bow and arrow sets. (With suction cups.)


Rudolph the Cheeky Reindeer by Adele. He made me laugh out loud!
God bless and shalom to all my family and friends out there!
And Meeeerrrryyyy Christmas, if I don't get around to posting again before then! :)


7 comments:

  1. Poor Adele having dental surgery just before Christmas. I hope it won't keep her from enjoying all the wonderful Christmas foods but it probably will. Her toothy Rudolf is hilarious.
    Congratulations on grandbaby #18. I always knew I wouldn't have that many but I kinda wish I had more than the 5 I have. With the youngest (M) being 11 I'm not doing the things I used to do with him because he's rapidly growing out of that stage. Who was it that said you have to wait to be a grown-up to enjoy fairy tales again ( or something like that). So I move the marker on the Advent 'calendar' myself these days.
    Take care, my friend, and have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fine comment of Granny Marigold!

      Delete
    2. I think that was C.S. Lewis, lol. Yes! I agree! I only have 9 grands from my biological kids, so I cheated a bit! :)

      Delete
  2. Funny Rudolph!

    I Like the barn cat SO much1 A big tiger1

    best wishes for your visits to the doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next point now from the "Bavarian Morning":

    My happiest congratulations for your new Grandchild!!! WOWWWW!!!! Compliment to your big great family!!! Adorable Grandma!

    Fine idea of your church to send these nice gifts - -


    The owl in the Christmas-tree is so lucky! :)


    Beautiful scene with snpw - not tooo much - in your landscape - -


    Best wishes to you all and BLESSINGS BLESSING BLESSINGS to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lisa, this is great, that you always are open for some new technique in art!! Here my answer for your question in my Blog:

    I developed this wax-painting myself and use it sometimes. Just melt the wax on the oven and put the brush into he hot wax and paint! It's an adventure and smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings, Lisa! I'm also way behind on blog reading (as usual!) But Merry Christmas to you and yours, and many congratulations on your growing family and the new baby. So sweet. Love the photos, and that very pretty barn cat. I wish I could have a cat :)
    I hope your Christmas is delightful and heavy with thanks and contentment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)