Friday, November 27, 2020

Belated Thanksgiving Greetings!

 I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and were able to gather with loved ones in some form or fashion. I awoke not feeling well on Thanksgiving, so plans to join the family next door had to be scrapped. Micah delivered some food to my door and it was delicious! Otherwise, I just vegged and watched lots of YouTube videos. I had a temp of 98.6, which is about a degree high for me, lol. But, no, not the 'rona virus. Just regular stuff. Still feeling under the weather today. My granddaughters have delivered several drawings they made of the Thanksgiving feast. I feel like I was there! I think that's a cherry pie on the bottom. I know Adam made one and intends to make another pie today! :)


The kids have been enjoying the small amount of wet snow we have right now.


Something interesting happened on a Facebook book group I'm part of. (Inspirational Regency Readers) One of the gals on there has the same maiden name as me. (Foreman) She also mentioned that she's going to college to study geneaology. (BYU-She's Mormon and I think they are sort of known for their interest in geneaologies.)  Well, I couldn't pass up that obvious opportunity. I said, "Suppose we're related?" She was wondering the same thing. So I shot her a copy of a short geneaology my uncle made years ago. She shot me a PM back saying that my great-grandfather, Ulysses Grant Foreman, (yes, that's his real name) was her 9th cousin, 4 times removed! I don't see any reason for her to lie about it, so I'm thinking it's pretty cool. I just recently figured out what a first-cousin-once-removed was, so this type of relation is sort of a mind bender for me, ha ha. Anyway, that was fun. I suppose we'll keep in touch via Facebook. 

Gretchen, you mentioned that you didn't see the first 6 of my 12 Days of Christmas cards. I don't see them either! I checked back to some older posts. So, I'll try to post them here again. Then I'll probably have a huge list of CRRR cards. (The ones where I make a background and two others add things. So they don't look like much here.)

(Update: I later realized that I had taken a post down temporarily to do some editing. That's where these photos were hiding, lol.)




And here come the CRRRs, if my computer cooperates.














Quite the hodge-podge of cards. As I've complained before, my photos show up willy nilly all out of order on my memory card, so it can be confusing to know what I've already posted. Not to worry. Just ignore them. Ha ha.

Well, I'm getting a little cross-eyed from wrestling with the photos, so I'm off for now. I'll come back and read blogs later. Thanks for all your nice comments! 

Have a great weekend and shalom, everyone!



6 comments:

  1. Well, that's interesting. I KNOW that I saw your #5 card, the one with the 5 golden rings on a branch ... because it was unusual and memorable! So I wonder where the photos disappeared? But they most certainly WERE there, when I read that post.
    How fascinating to find a distant relative! That is actually quite far apart, but how fun! I found a cousin also, on a FB group for West Virginians. She was not very far away though -- my mother's first cousin, I think. Pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered that I had reverted one post back to a draft so I could edit some stuff. That's where the photos were! :)

      Delete
  2. Too bad you were not feeling great on Thanksgiving and couldn't join the rest of the bunch. At least they brought you great food. That's some huge cherry pie that Hazel drew!! Hope you feel 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa, I'm glad, that you did not suffer in Pandemie-Virus! Hope you feel better now again. The most importent thing on Thanksgiving is I believe to say Thank You to the Lord, and this you do all the days, when I see your life.

    Oh you have snow! I love the photos with your grandchildren playing happy in the snow. They made nice drawings for you! This is LOVE beteween you all in your family.

    Nice doves you have drawn and other birds and cards.

    Have a blessed time now before Christmas

    Many greetings from the Bavarian Forest (fog and sun)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lisa! I am looking forward to having some fresh images in my Christmas screensaver :-) and must switch to it right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)