Thursday, December 2, 2021

Merry Christmas!

 Thanks, you guys, for all of your kind and understanding comments on my last "ranting" post. Ha ha. I did go back and add a P.S. that you may have missed. 

Winter is setting in; gently for the most part. We're just so thankful when it stays above the teens! What a treat! I even went for a walk outside day-before-yesterday, and I may try it again today. I've done one video workout. I'm just starting back on the exercise thing after a long hiatus. I've seen some pounds creeping back on and don't want to let that go too far! :-)

I just put my birdfeeders out after taking them down for the summer. We had some bear activity in the area, so I thought I should remove them. Hopefully it's safe to have them up now. It took a little while, but the birds have discovered them. Even a few pileateds. It's fun to see them back. Our yard is full of chickens and guineas, too. It becomes quite a deal to feed the barn cats and keep the chickens away long enough for them to eat. The cats are hugely plump, though they tell me they're starving.

I've just put up my little tree and a couple of nativities. I think the grandkids will come over today and decorate it. And then they'll RE-decorate each time they come over, ha ha. 




I'm having problems with pictures loading REALLY slowly today. So, if you see a lot of blank spaces...sorry! I think I'll hold off on more photos because I think Blogger needs some time to fix something. Anyone else having problems? My computer also gives me fits and won't let me get to my photos on my memory card/adapter. I'm sure part of it is ignorance on my part, but I can do the same thing and get different results...so.

I'm mostly up to the same old things. Reading. Currently I'm reading The Inklings by Humphrey Carpenter. The weird thing is, I'm not sure if I've read it before! I've read so many bios (and an autobio) of C.S. Lewis and so much of what's in The Inklings I've read elsewhere, it's hard to remember if this might be my second reading, ha ha. Next in line is Becoming Who You Are by Dutch Sheets. This one was given to me by my son, Josh. It's about our identity in Christ. Then I've started The Little Way of Ruthie Leming (and put it aside temporarily) by Rod Dreher. This is a book about Rod's sister's battle with cancer which drew him and  his family back to  his hometown in Louisiana where they decided to stay after years living in Philadelphia doing journalism. And then the fourth in my reading stack is a little book I found at the thrift store called Which Old Woman Will You Be? by Debbie Hensleigh. Subtitle: Do's and Don'ts for Living Your ThirdThird on Purpose. Sounds interesting.



Oh, look. I snuck up on my computer while its guard was down and got to my photos!

Here are some recent cards I've made. This first set is for a swap called Calling All Angels. I, personally, prefer mighty archangels  arrayed for battle, but wasn't sure my drawing skills would do them justice. The ladies on the ATC site seem to prefer cute girl angels, so I decided to do mostly that type. One of these is a guy. :-)  


This swap was called Tea Time.

This was a random-do-whatever-you-want-to kind of swap.


Winter Wonderland...


Open Theme swap...
Valentine/Love swap...

December Weird Holidays...

Starter cards for the Continuous Random Round Robin (CRRR)...

A Collection of Animals swap... My favorite was an unkindness of ravens. 


The kids made library cards so they could check out books from my bookshelf... 
Hazel got a new doggie. This is Bella. You may remember that Hazel had to re-home (as they say) her heeler puppy because he was naughty. This little Yorkie is eight years old. Her owner had to move into a nursing home, so she needed a new home. She's pretty good with the kids, though she has some incontinence problems. Nothing is ever perfect, eh? (Micah has ordered some diapers for her.)

More cards! This was for a Postage Stamp ATC Christmas swap.

A Winter Sweater swap... (This is how I make sweaters, lol.)

November Weird Holidays...

The Postage Stamp ATC Children swap. (Required a stamp w/child.)

A bookmark I made for a RAK. (Random act of kindness on the ATC site.)

Starter cards for the CRRR.
A swap called Cats and Something Extra. 

Adam spent last weekend hauling logs for firewood. He'll probably be back at it this next weekend. Actually, he brought a couple more loads after I snapped this picture. You can never have too much wood!
Well, this ended up being a photo-filled post after all. Just have to trick the computer into cooperating!
You all have a merry month of Christmas!
I'll be checking up on you. ;-)
Shalom!

7 comments:

  1. I would like to read the books you suggest here. Like you, I have read so many books by and about C.S. Lewis, it can be confusing which ones I've already read. They all can be read again. I even interviewed Lewis's stepson via email for an article, which was not published. Your angel art cards are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micah is so dear! Like an angel1 And with this small dog like a baby a good mother of a lot of children!

    O yes. You cannot have enough wood for the winter. they say, also here in germany we will have a very cold winter. We ordered two tracks with wood.

    Meditative art and books enlighten our days.

    Have a blessed Christmas-time!

    🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good reading there for the long winter evenings. I console myself and think that in 3 weeks we'll get past the shortest day and hopefully move quickly to more daylight. I find dark winter evenings too long.
    I hope Hazel likes her new dog and that it all works out. You have created an amazing lot of ATCs.I like the old lady bent over her book. That's me in not many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! Wow! You DID do a lot of ATC's! They are all so fun!
    I hope you're feeling Christmasy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lisa! You've been so busy with your card-making! Impressive. I'm thankful for that huge firewood stack. That means many warm nights for you :) The books sound interesting. I've often wondered what kind of old lady I will be, and now I slowly, slowly get to watch myself becoming her. It's not always fun! Have a lovely December, Lisa, and enjoy those lovely grandkids nearby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)