Thursday, January 20, 2022

Back already!

 Blogger decided to rearrange the pictures I carefully posted in order. So, my story will be a little different than I had planned. But it will work!

Here are three little antique books that live on my bedroom desk. The top two are Bibles in a Scandinavian language. I think they're Finnish, because we have a large population of Finlanders in our area. They're falling apart, but I felt sorry for them and had to keep them. 

The bottom book is a book of American history, also written in a Scandinavian language. I think it might be Danish. I've had this book for quite a few years, and tucked into the inside cover was an old map. I'm assuming it was made the same year as the book, which was sometime in the late 1800's. 

These are the two bottom corners of the map.

The map was folded and was falling apart along the crease lines. I knew I'd never get around to having it professionally laminated, so I did a very amateurish job of it just to keep it in one piece. 
Here's some text from the book.


Many years ago someone donated a box full of old books like this to the library book sale. I took several and have used some for collage material. I'll keep this one in one piece. 
My red-bellied woodpecker pal is back!
The next three photos are of Continuous Round Robin cards that I completed as the third player. Then I chose one to keep and mailed the other two back to player #1. She then chooses one and sends the last one to player #2. Confusing, but fun.


These four were for the January PAT. (Pick-a-theme) I made the cards according to a theme chosen by each player.

I ordered a DVD from an Amazon reseller and it came in this! A whole stamp collection! You guys know how I love stamps, so this was fun to get. :)
I'm currently reading these. Yup, I read the second book of The Zion Chronicles when you weren't looking, lol. Now it's on to the third. And the Bill O'Reilly book is just for a change of pace.

That's all the new news for now! Staying in where it's warm and doing hygge things.

Love y'all!
Shalom!


9 comments:

  1. I see you are creative and full of living lifestyle, enjoying fine books of old times, cards, a nice bird in the snow and many other things, which come to your open heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how happy you were to receive those stamps!!
    It's tempting to buy up old books but I'm trying not to. I simply have to keep my favourites and donate the rest. I reread them and decide which category they fall into...keep or donate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That package is impressive! What fun! And the font used in that old book is exquisite. They don't make them like that anymore. I also have a little stack of very old, small books, on top of my piano. I need to go look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your old books remind me of a dozen or so I have that came down from my German ancestors *and* my husband's. I can't read that script, but one thing is very interesting about them. Both of our grandmothers, in different states, had the same German textbook of Wilhelm Tell in school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find such beautiful things, Lisa. And your snow! Oh my, the snow x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you were reading The Zion Chronicles when I checked Goodreads. We loved them.
    Oh, a woodpecker just for you! How lovely! Take care and stay warm, sweet Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You hit the jackpot with those stamps! Fodder for your very creative mill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. like you, I bring home Holy Bibles from thrift stores; how can anyone put such in a thrift store?! boggles my mind. your cards are brilliant! what's an "Amazon re-seller"?
    Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra! Resellers are folks who sell used books on Amazon. :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)