Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Helloooo...

...to my small, but faithful, band of readers. We just keep keepin' on, don't we?

The days are getting warmer, by Minnesota standards. In the 20's and 30's during the day and not too bad at night.

It's hard to tell from this photo, but we've had a ton o' snow in the last week. Thirteen inches one day and then...some more.

Still going carnivore. Here's my typical breakfast. I've given up dairy completely. It seems to aggravate my vocal cords and throat.
Typical lunch...I just keep a selection of meats and seafood around and cook various combos. Feeling pretty good. Lost some weight. Micah got Adam to join us. He warned her he'd be grouchy, and I guess he is going through that phase. It's hard to watch others eating goodies when you can't have them. :) Welcome, Donna! I hope to stick to this for a while. I'm so brainwashed at this point that I'll feel like I'm eating poison if I go back to my old habits. I'm trapped! Ha ha.
The view from my front door window.
The suet feeder is empty. I'd better be a good host and refill it. GM, in answer to your comment, we have lots of Flickers in the summer, but I never see them in winter. They must go to visit their friends in western Canada, eh? :)
I just had to chuckle at verse seventeen...Sixteen's pretty good, too. That Sol is pretty wise!
Listening to a lot of Joshua Aaron and Miqedem on YouTube. I should be tired of it by now, but I'm not. I'll try to link one below. Who knows? It might work.

Joshua Aaron

I've had a quiet few days of reading and not going out much because of snow and such. The next couple of days will be full of babysitting and helping Micah to get kids to a dress rehearsal for the homeschool co-op play (Frozen), and Audrey having a dental appointment at the same time. She'll miss the first hour of rehearsal while I sit in the van with the two smallest guys and the other three are at rehearsal. After that I'll do errands and then go to my Bible study at 1:00. Should be exhilarating! That's Thursday. Tomorrow (Wed.) I babysit for about six hours while Micah and Sloan go to Bemidji for his speech therapy and her chiropracter appointment. Then Friday I'll go to the play and Saturday maybe a volleyball game. Then I'll need a rest, ha ha.

I've been slogging my way through The Count of Monte Cristo. Why? I guess just so I can say I did! I was under the impression that it was good, but I find it a little (or a lot) draggy. But now that I'm at the 43% mark (Kindle version) there's no turning back. I'm trying not to let it interfere with my other reading in case it takes me months to finish it. Maybe it was The Man in the Iron Mask I was thinking of? Any opinions out there?

Well, those are the high points of my little peasant life here in the frozen tundra of Minnesota. I'll be visiting y'all!

I hope you're all having some nice weather and are well. God bless and shalom to you all!


 

6 comments:

  1. O the frozen tundra of Minnesota!! You all are heroes!! I'm a snow fan! We have nice snow in the higher regions of the Bavarian Forest. This is somehow my "soul-home". . .
    I see you have a full program with your family. Its wonderful, how you work and live together. Do you live again beside the house of your grandchildren? I think, it is so. So here you are on your blessed place again, where the Lord wants you to serve him.
    Best greetings from Dori, nice to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see a post today. I've been wondering how you were doing. You sound pleasantly busy. I can't imagine being on a meat diet. I never cared for meat, even as a child. Good for you, though, if you feel better on it.
    I haven't read either of those books. Actually, I'm reading less these days. Slowing down I am.
    It's beginning to feel Spring-ish around here. Hopefully your temps will also begin to rise and the snow disappear. Take good care, GM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you posted! Been wondering how the carnivore woe was going for you! I got blown off track but am starting up again today. It does take a little coaching to get the hang of it. But I love rib eyes and shrimp! With lots of butter!lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lisa,
    I am very interested in your carnivore program. One of my best friends has been forced to that lifestyle by mast cell disease, and has been on it for many years. She ends up in the hospital if she eats anything but meat.
    Your list of busy days sounds like my calendar, where I am always trying to block out "STAY HOME!" days, but most of the time they don't happen, or they get reduced to having a morning's solitude.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)