Friday, March 24, 2023

Quick update...

Son Josh just returned from a trip to London with his work team. I'm so happy he got to go! 

 I forgot to answer Dori's question in my last post. Nope, I'm not back living by my kids. That may take a year or two. I'm still in the boat shaped house/apartment. Just trying to be content where I am, and hopefully I'll get back out to the country in the  not too distant future. :) 

Oh, and I FINISHED The Count of Monte Cristo. It really picked up after the halfway point, and the end was spectacular! I repent for bad-mouthing it! Ha ha. 

I've got an appointment with a new lady doctor this afternoon. My old doctor is retiring and I thought I'd try a female doctor this time around. I haven't been to the doctor for about 3 years. I think this will be a general physical and just getting to know each other. Wonder what she'll think about the carnivore diet. Hmmm.

Donna and Gretchen, the diet is going well, but I've had to cut out so many things to clear up the acid reflux problems that I'm now down to pork chops, hamburger, bacon, eggs, shrimp and fish. I may try going toward something more paleo. Just a thought. I'll stick with this for now. I know  I can't do it forever. 

Y'all have a great day!

Shalom.

4 comments:

  1. So nice to hear from you! Counte of Monte Christo! You are inspiring me to consider reading it! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the book I am reading (which is The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin) The main character is reading The Count of Monte Cristo and it's the first book she's ever read. In the past she had to work very hard and had no chance to read. She's so impressed by the book that I'm tempted to try reading it myself.,
    I hope you like the new doctor. It's important to find one that is understanding.
    Are you looking forward to Easter yet? Any signs of Spring out your way? Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there's people that have done it for 10-15 years already and are doing fantastic. I really need to buckle down and get serious!
    Enjoy the weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks goodness Josh is back healthy and safe!
    Your diet is adventurous. I never heard before. I hope for a very good result.
    And thank you very much for your answer. Now I know your actual living-situation. You make it excellent!
    Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)