Thursday, July 7, 2011

New sketchies...

See, I really am doing SOME drawing! These are on watercolor paper, so now I have no excuse not to try my paints.
A little voice keeps piping up in my mind wanting me to justify time spent drawing. "But what will you USE it for?" I try to reply (silently, of course) that I'll just keep practicing and worry about crossing that bridge when I get to it. Hee, hee...I believe I found this on the Old Book Art link in my right hand blog column. It will be very colorful when I'm finished. (hope, hope)
This little girl is from a Freya Blackwood illustration. Oh yeah, I checked her out! ;) I like her very much!

1 comment:

  1. Love the toadstools! They will be fun to paint. I love Freya's work. I have a book called The Impressionists (did I tell you that, Lisa?) and the tiny art is so appealing. Love the mice on your header. You've inspired me to dig through the kids books today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)