Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Study break! :D

Yesterday I gave myself permission to visit a couple of blogs during a study break. One blog I've added to my list is Ian Sidaway's Fine Line. His beautiful cross-hatching (or just hatching?) has really caught my eye. I'd love to really scrutinize his work and learn a thing or two, because this is the sort of thing that attracted me to pen and ink in the first place.


I hope Ian doesn't mind if I post one of his drawings here. It will hopefully attract more attention to his blog!

While looking at this series of drawings I also read the comments. One of the gals commented that the clipped yews in his drawings reminded her of The Children of Green Knowe; a story she had read as a child. Well, I just had to investigate that! Of course I found a video version of the story from the '80's and proceeded to spend an hour watching the first two episodes. The story is of a young boy who is taken out of his English boarding school to go live with his great-grandmother in a castle. He discovers that the castle is being haunted by the ghosts of some of his young relatives who had died of the plague many years before. That's as far as I've gotten with the story, but I'm hooked just because I love these stories more for the glimpses inside of interesting old buildings and the beautiful English countryside than anything. So if you're interested, here's where to go...





Enjoy the fall weather. It just keeps changing back and forth between fall and summer here!

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)