Wednesday, August 16, 2017

On his way home...

My sweet boy packed up his car and headed home last night. Thanks for all of your prayers. I think he's probably in Indiana by the time I type this. He lives near Berea, Kentucky, which is south of Lexington.


I checked my bank account this morning and found out that someone has been helping themselves to my debit card!!! They ordered three items from Ebay. I was shaking like a leaf as I dialed the bank. They quickly blocked my card. I followed directions and went in and got a new card and signed some papers. My money should be back in my account by tomorrow at the latest. My credit union did a great job! Scary stuff.

Right now I'm stuffing my face with a bean burrito topped with lots of guacamole. Just what I needed! :) (I LOVE Wholey Guacamole!)

Tonight I'm going to an AWANA BBQ for new volunteers. I look forward to helping and having some fun social interaction with kids and adults at church. I also signed up for Life Groups, which is our version of small groups. I'm hoping there is one near Nevis so I don't have to spend too much time driving back and forth to Park Rapids. It's only 12 miles, but in the winter it can be 12 miles too far, lol.

I'd better start thinking about getting ready for church. It's a rainy day. We sure do need it!

Love you folks! Thanks for your prayer support and kindness.
Shalom.


5 comments:

  1. God be with Josh and Jess.
    Yikes about your credit card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that things look like they're going to work out for your son and his wife.
    I've had the experience of having my credit card info stolen and used so I know how frightening it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning I read a word from Papa Franziskus, he writes, challenges are here to do something realistic, and we shall not loose our courage, sunshine in heart and hope by giving our heart.

    Many greetings and best wishes from Dori

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got the debit card theft fixed up. I didn't know that money lost on debit cards could be regained like on credit cards. About your son, I think things will work out for him b/c of his commitment and his faith. My son's first wife, who died at 51, had mental illness. It was difficult for us all when she didn't take her meds. My son sounds a lot like yours, faithful and committed to the marriage. I belong to a Life Group at my church and drive about 10 miles to get there. So far in the 3 years I have not been stymied by the weather, but I don't live where there is a lot of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such good news about your boy! Glad he will be back with his family. It is a lifelong challenge being the "safe person" for someone with mental illness, and I admire him greatly for shouldering this task. But love does shine through even the worst illnesses, and it is good for him to be there for the children - he is the stable parent they need.
    Sorry about the banking troubles! Argh! I ADORE guacamole too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)