Friday, August 18, 2017

Sorta finished...

My loon is...kind of finished. I may tinker with it a bit more before adding a clear coat to it. It turned out more folk-art-ish than realistic, but I'm okay with that. I'm trying to loosen up and enjoy painting more instead of stressing over the finished product too much. ;)
I also outlined the fish that I'm going to paint next. It bothers me that he's slightly off-center, but I'm going to ignore that OCD thing in my head. Folk art, folks!
I returned "The Intern" movie and rented "The Accountant" and "The Martian". Any more "The" films? Josh recommended The Accountant, though it is kind of a shoot-'em-up, violent tale. I've seen The Martian before and thought it was so intriguing I'd like to watch it again.

By the way, can anyone recommend a good photo editing site other than Picmonkey? I've loved Picmonkey for quite some time, but they seem to be trying to force you to do the Free Trial, which makes me think I'll be pressured to subscribe. Not so free any more. I'd like to make a new header but last time I edited a photo they didn't seem to want me to save it to my computer without signing up for the free trial. Any suggestions appreciated!

Almost forgot! Audrey and her cousin, Cali, turned six years old recently. Audrey's "other Grandma Lisa" (aka Grammy) and Grandpa Ken are taking them both to Duluth. They left this morning and will be gone until Sunday. I believe it's the first time either of them have been gone from home overnight. Hope they enjoy it and forget to be homesick!  Lisa and Ken are fun grandparents, so I know they'll keep the girls well entertained. Fun times! :)

The thunder is rumbling outside, so I think I'll get off of the computer.


God bless and shalom to all!


7 comments:

  1. folk art is good. I use google photos but don't know anything else... Lord have mercy on your son and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally bit the bullet and signed up for PicMonkey. It has so many features I didn't get with the free one and it is super fast compared to the free one. Good luck-I do love your sweet art work.
    I am so sorry for Josh and his family. Mental illness is so hard to deal with...there is no real 'cure'. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your loon!
    Prayers for Josh and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your loon very much!
    I used to use Picasa, but now only use Paint on my computer. I guess I need to investigate Pic
    Monkey. I'll say a prayer for Josh and family tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love that loon! I'm so glad that you share your art with us. I get vicarious enjoyment just thinking about you being so creative, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heartful thoughts for Josh and his family! I do understand from deep heart, that you pray a lot. The Lord loves our prayer all through the time, it is called heart-prayer.
    You produce fine paintings - and you always have trust and peace, this is blessing and so important, because you are the heart of this wonderful big family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you could put a little line of bubbles coming from the fish's mouth, and that would even out the picture? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)