Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Checking in...

I'm enjoying my long visit with my dear son, Josh. I feel more sure every day that he and his wife will reconcile, so I'm trying to just enjoy and be thankful for the time I have with him. My prayer is that he will return home refreshed and ready to face all the challenges of a family dealing with bipolar and other mental health issues. He's been very strong for a lot of years and I think he needed this break, though I know he doesn't want to be away from his family. He's doing bookkeeping online and is becoming accustomed to his new job. He loves the flexibility it will give him to be home and help with children more. Please continue to pray for him and his family. Thanks so much!

I've been getting in some good 2 mile walks and I hope to keep it up. Josh brought a ton of good books with him and I'm now reading "Life With God" by Richard Foster. I'm reading a lot so I can return the books to him before he leaves. Not sure when that will be so I'm reading a lot.


 We enjoyed a movie last night called "The Intern". I've been wanting to watch it for a while but it wasn't available on Amazon. Josh found it at the local gas station/convenience store! I thought it was a really sweet movie.
I think a nap and a walk are in order. (In THAT order.) Thanks for dropping by!
Shalom!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying your visit! I loved that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sweetie! Glad you are enjoying your momma/son time. The reading looks great! I hope all is resolved and well soon, but am so thankful you can be there for him. That's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer days with lots of reading and spending quality time with your son! Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless and help your son! It is wonderful that he can have a break to refresh him to go back to it. God be with and heal! nice book and fun about the movie!!! God bless and encourage you today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)