Saturday, October 7, 2017

A sunny fall day...

Nice to see the sun this morning! Well, it was a little foggy at first, but it's shaped up very well since then. Sixty-six degrees! Flowers are blooming and lady bugs are hatching out!

I woke up at about 4 a.m. feeling very croaky in the bronchial tubes, so I arose and made myself a cup of coffee hoping that some warmth in the area would get things opened up and moving. I sat on the couch, closed my eyes and communed with the Lord for a while. I sometimes think He wakes me at 4 in the morning because it's the only time He can get me to sit still and listen! Could be! Because of that, I slept in late.

I spent quite a bit of time this morning making a birthday card for my granddaughter Chloe, who will turn 10 next Wednesday. She lives in the Baltimore area and I don't know her very well. I've only seen her a few times because they live so far away. She belongs to my step-son Trev and his wife Rhonda who I talked about in a recent post. It's surprising that I don't make more cards since I have so many art supplies lying around, but the few times I have made them I've been a little disappointed. For Chloe's card I used all stickers and it was a lot of fun! I think it's a lot more cheerful than one of my watercolor paintings. I wrote a little message inside, which reminded me of something I just read in my Bible the other day: "I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write." I always chuckle at that last line. :) Anyway, this is what it looks like.
I really slathered on the stickers! The nice thing about stickers is, they're always making new ones!


back of card
 I've always loved this painting. I can't remember the name of the artist! Anyone know? Phoebe something? I was all ga-ga over her work for a while, but got a little tired of her feminist message. But I do like her painting style, so I may commandeer this for the backs of all of my cards. ;)
 These drawings are for an online challenge called Inktober. Every October there's a challenge to draw something in ink every day for a month. They have a list of prompts, but we don't have to follow it. I'm just posting my pictures on ATC's for All, which is where I do my ATC swapping. A group of us are doing this together.





 Here's the photo I used for the drawing above. I came across this when I was looking for pictures of fish to draw. I thought they were so cute! I never really thought about what the duck was seeing when its tail was up in the air!

An ATC I made for someone.

Son-in-law Adam and his father and a friend are putting up the rafters on the new house today! They've also put up a lot of plywood on the outside walls, but since they're doing board-and-batten siding they have to cut zillions of little boards to nail in between the wall studs so they have something to nail into from the outside when they put up the siding. Piddly work, but they are patient guys. I'll have to remember to take my camera along sometime to document the progress for my two male readers, Dad Glenn and Brother Mark. Remember...that's the operative word!

I just finished this rooster which will be mailed off to cheer up a fellow ATC maker. It's an 8x10 canvas. :)



Oh, I've been spending lots of time watching YouTube videos while I've been sick this week. (Since when do I need an excuse?) This lady (below) has tons of videos and they're all 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 HOURS long. They are streaming videos, but they're from a couple of years ago. Anyway, I'm trying not to watch too many of them, but if you just want something artsy to watch when you're not feeling up to doing anything more demanding you might want to give it a try. In this video she's showing us how to get all of our creative ideas organized in one 3-ring binder. I don't think I need this much room and I think she takes WAY too long to explain it. (And this is only one of many videos about it!) But it was pleasant listening when I'm feeling puny. Here it is:




YouTube has been acting kind of funny, so I hope this works. Anyway, you could spend a lifetime watching her videos, so control yourselves!! LOL

I will talk to you all later! Have a great day!
Shalom.

7 comments:

  1. I'll check out that art lady's videos! Your card is super cute. I love stickers. I hope you heal fast. It's hard to wake up all croaky. Try to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I'm sorry you've been puny :( When I'm not up to snuff, I tend to watch old movies, or "Escape to the Country" episodes that I've watched before, so it doesn't matter if I fall asleep, haha! That's exciting news about the house! This is your daughter with all the kids who lives close, yes? I can't help wondering ... if their house-building is progressing, perhaps that means your eventual moving over there somewhere near them, is inching along too. I hope so. I love the fox ATC above; he is handsome. And pray-tell -- how in the world is it a "trading card" when it's 8x10? haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the 8x10 is just a gift for one of the ladies on the site. I just decided to make her something a little bigger, lol.

      Delete
    2. And, yup, that's my daughter who lives down the road. I'm hoping their trailer will be available for me by the spring. Micah's impatient, but Adam said it will probably be June before they're into the house. Poor guy has so many projects on his list. Kind of like your Adam! :)

      Delete
  3. You do keep yourself busy! I hope you feel 100% soon. No more croakiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is fabulous and sure to please Chloe. I'm on a Father Brown netflix kick...when I can stay awake - laughing. I've got more ideas than I've got time or focus (let's face facts here...ahem.) to do. Thanks for the art link...will watch to either boost me or make me think I'm a total nit wit. Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your art. The card is very cute and I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. I always love seeing what you are drawing or painting. The chicken is very nifty! Please get well soon, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)