Monday, October 2, 2017

The creeping crud...

Anyone got it? Seems like everyone is suddenly sick around here. My version is a scratchy throat and some achy muscles. Poor little Hazel got the throwing up version, so she couldn't go to preschool this morning. She was feeling very perky later this afternoon when we went to pick Audrey up after school, so hopefully it was very short-lived.

In more exciting news, Audrey lost two teeth! She had four loose teeth in the front. Then she made the mistake of holding her jump rope in her mouth. Yup, Hazel happened by (last night) and decided to yank the jump rope OUT of her mouth and two teeth came with it. It was a bit of a shock at first, and Micah said Audrey was bleeding like a stuck pig, but after the shock she was pretty excited about getting a visit from the tooth fairy. (Mercenary kids!)

Chipmunk imitation.
My daughter-in-law, Rhonda, flew down to Corpus Christi, TX last week to help with the post-hurricane cleanup. She went with a group called Christ in Action. Yup, the CIA! Anyway, I'm glad someone in the family could help and I'm very proud of her. I'm posting a couple of pics of her and her family because my brother, Mark, hasn't seen that branch of the family. My family is so spread out! Rhonda and my step-son, Trev, live in a suburb of Baltimore.
That's Rhonda on the left.
Here's the whole family. Katie, Rhonda, Cody, Kristen, Trev and Chloe. Oh, they thought the sign above their heads would make a funny picture. Trev is a joker. ;)
These two really believe in rolling up their sleeves and helping their neighbors in the community.Their church does that, too. And they always involve their kids. Those kids are learning to have servants' hearts. Can you tell I'm proud of my kids? :)
My ATC website does a monthly RAK (Random Act of Kindness). People are nominated for this by their fellow ATC artists. They get nominated for all sorts of reasons but often it's because they're going through a rough patch in their lives and we send them gifts of all sorts to cheer them up. I'm making a painting for this month's "victim", as we like to call them. She collects roosters, so I'll be painting a rooster on this canvas board. This is supposed to be a "stylized" sunrise. (Now you know what it is, because I told you.) I got the mulberry paper collaged on this morning. I'll wait 'til I'm feeling better to do the painting. Meanwhile, I've collected lots of reference photos of roosters. :)
Warning: If you're tired of reading my journal pages turn away now! I hope I haven't already posted these. Oh well...




Anyway, that was probably pretty obvious to most of you. I had intended to post these journal pages more often so my kids can see them, but hopefully they'll read the whole thing someday.

Feeling some hunger pangs. Can't have that! So, I'll rustle up some supper. Thanks for stopping by!
Shalom to all!

6 comments:

  1. We've had some crud around too, but mostly of the allergy kind, I think. Adam's sinuses are awful. I had the flu a few weeks ago. But so many are still stopped up. That's a lot of teeth to lose! I wonder how much cash the fairy will leave her??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say poor Audrey but if the tooth fairy came around she won't be poor for long ( depending how generous the TF will be).
    Sorry you're feeling under the weather. Hopefully that will pass quickly. I've been gargling with salt water a lot because the littlest has had a cold and since he's often very near my face I figure I'll head off any germs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the verses on Christ's Resurrection are so powerful! I love how the Orthodox icon of Christ's Resurrection show what you are describing... I am not sure if Noah himself is directly shown, but you see Adam, Eve, King David and many others who are waiting for Christ to come on Easter ... it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also hope you feel better real soon! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That crud is going around! I had one little grandboy with vomiting night before last but was fine the next day...Seems there are cold all over, too.

    I can tell you are proud of your family- as well you should be. It sounds like they are all good people.

    I got a kick out of the 'chipmunk's' story...and what a nice thing you do as a group to cheer people up. Love the idea of a painted rooster for her.

    Have a great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. First: May you soon be healthy and free from pain, you and your small angel Hazel, too.

    Congratulations to Audrew for two teeth less :)

    Congratulations to Rhonda and family for helping after hurricane. We heard of the hurricane in our daily news and followed it in internet every day. Brave people!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)