Friday, September 29, 2017

Just a quickie...I think...

I just want to start off by telling you blogging ladies how much I love and appreciate you. So many prayers going up for my son. It means a lot. I really do cherish this little group of friends. :)

Several of you are doing Autumn or Fall Journals. I'm really enjoying them! Sorry I don't have one, but I felt like I couldn't handle one more art/writing project. I'm so bad about keeping up with what I've already started. But I am doing one thing which is kind of different for me. I've been reading Opening to God by David Benner. In it he's describing his version of lectio divina. I've decided to write out his explanation by  hand. YES. BY HAND! :) Handwriting has become a forgotten art for me. And something that occurred to me was that maybe our minds would retain vocabulary longer if we actually wrote words by hand sometimes instead of typing everything. It sure does force me to SLOW DOWN and think about what I'm writing. I have eschewed handwriting for some time because my hand just couldn't keep up with my racing thoughts, but I think slowing down now and then is a good exercise. So, I'll be copying many pages of this book and then I'll have to find something else to hand write. Maybe that Young Adult novel I've been thinking about for so many years? The cover is unimpressive, but meant to be more utilitarian. If you click on these photos I think you can actually read what I've written...if you care to. :)


The days seem to fly by so quickly! I've been putzing around the house most of the day. I did venture across the highway in Nevis to take a 2 mile walk on the trail. I've worked on some ATC's, spent some time in the Bible and I sort of pray as I walk and as I go about my day. I spent an hour on language study, and a little time on meal preparation. I've gotten into the bad habit of staying up too late (11:30 last night) so I have to take a nap in the middle of the day. That eats up a chunk of the day. Now it's 7:30 and it seems like I just got up! I guess it seems later because it gets dark earlier now. That seems to happen so suddenly. It was 60-ish today and made for a pleasant walk, though I'm glad I wore a hoody!
I think I'll continue reading my book and writing and brew up some chamomile tea. Maybe I will be smart tonight and go to bed earlier? No promises!
Have a good night and a good weekend, everyone! XOXO (Stole that from Pom Pom!)
Shalom!

7 comments:

  1. Lisa, thanks for your post today. I know your life has been a bit hectic lately but your faith is strong. As for handwriting, it has been said that soon it will be a code for the old generation since children of the newer generations aren't taught cursive any more. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely comment. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A code for the old generation! I love that idea! LOL :)

      Delete
  2. I've been noticing how each day darkness comes earlier and earlier, especially when it's cloudy outside. The lights have to be on all day.

    I don't have a printer so I find myself copying long pieces into various notebooks and wondering what ARE my kids going to do with all those when I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think that's why I give away most of my art; so the kids won't have so much to feel like they have to hang on to! But I think they'll enjoy reading my journal and a few other things, as long as I don't fill too many plastic totes! :)

      Delete
  3. A good idea -- handwriting your thoughts or copying things. I do it too and I like the practice. For me, I do think it helps me retain things better.

    I used to take those composition books and mod podge pretty pictures and words over the covers. I bought a few recently and thought I might make more pretty covers for the grandkids. They love those composition books.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I love that my time is my own, and I can adjust as I like to. I would love to hand-write more, but it makes my hands hurt a lot, so I can't do it much. My hubby LOVES to hand-write everything; thus, he makes his own books and writes away for hours. It's not for me! Enjoy though -- a perfect time of year to write your thoughts on the changing seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the excerpt from your book - I really liked reading it in your own handwriting! Just this morning I copied something from my daughter's Facebook page into my journal, and last night I copied part of a text message from a friend who was writing about looking at the moon. Because these digital bits are not concrete even in faint traces of ink, and many of them deserve to be preserved.

    Please get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)