Saturday, September 23, 2017

Another goodbye...

My sweet son hit the road again this morning, returning home to Kentucky. We thought he would be here a lot longer, but circumstances keep changing and his wife asked if he could come back home. So, I just saw that Josh posted this photo on Facebook. He's about 4.5 hours down the road, and I'm glad to see it's sunny and cheerful where he is.
I'm praying for him in so many areas of life. Not only the healing of the relationship with his wife, but also that his business will prosper so he can take care of his family without any unnecessary stress. Above all, that he will feel the joy and strength that come from his Lord alone.

Here Josh is enjoying an evening with some old friends. This is his old taekwondo master, Nick, who is more like a brother, and Nick's wife Flo. Sweet people and just what Josh needed. He helped with a few taekwondo classes while he was here.
Hey, I forgot to post some photos of Audrey with her new haircut! She decided she wanted her hair really short. Mama Micah wasn't too sure she liked the idea but she decided, "Oh well. It will grow back..."
Before

During

After
That's my cute, sassy little granddaughter! :) And she got a homemade cookie for being so good. Her hairdresser is a lady from our church who works out of her country home. (Country Couture, I believe is the name.)

These are Josh's kiddos, Nathan and Starry. They're excited to see their Daddy again. Starry woke up this morning and told her mom, "I just had a dream that Daddy's coming home!" God gave her a dream! I'm so glad their dad will be back with them soon. He's worked hard to keep in touch with them while he was here.

Well, back to my single way of life. I'm going to have to keep busy and try to remember Josh's happiness instead of how much I miss him. I am happy for him. For Josh's sake I pray that this little family will stay together and that what Satan meant for evil God will use for good.

My favorite fall candy! I sent a container of this for Nathan and Starrry along with a coloring book and a couple of children's books.
 I did a few more rows on this little dishcloth. It's good knitting weather today. Wet and cold.
 Here are some random ATCs. Hopefully I haven't shown these already.
The first four are for a swap called Only One Eye. Basically, draw something with only one eye showing! Plankton is my favorite little cyclops. :)

 A mushroom ATC, with and without ink outline. For future reference.

 This little owl was drawn on brown paper with a white gel pen and some colored pencils.
 This fawn was drawn on a paint chip and then cut out and pasted onto the background. The name of the paint color was Gentle Fawn. This was for a swap called Paint Chip ATCs.


And now I will visit some of you! :)

Shalom, my good friends and family!

8 comments:

  1. I pray that Josh & Jess's marriage will be healed, also that she will somehow be relieved with her mental health issues. With God all things are possible.

    How neat that Starry had that dream about her Daddy coming home.

    Love, hugs & prayers for you Lisa ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, my best wishes for your son and his family! Really fascinating the dream of Starry! God knows in His grace ways, we never can imagine.

    Audrey's hair-cut really is apart! She looks so fine and just wonderful.

    And Lisa knitting and drawing and painting and praying and cooking and being the big heart of this lovely big great family! The Lord sat you on an important place, and he will help you to find good advises and what a Ma/Grandma needs in the middle of this sometimes VERY complicated world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ATCs and your header are adorable! But the best photo is Audrey with her darling haircut. It looks so good on her, even better than the long hair, I think. I do hope your son and his wife get things straightened out. It must be so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey's haircut is cute and suits her sweet little face!
    I hope things work out for your son and his family. At the funeral that we attended this week one son told how his life fell apart and he moved back home 5 years ago. For two years after that he was in a deep depression and often felt like life had no purpose for him. His godly mother spent a lot of time sitting with him and praying for him. With sobs he told his story. She knew she was dying and feared that he'd slip back into depression. It was a wonderful testimony to the effectiveness of the prayers of a loving mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well...not sure what happened...will say again...that is one great hair, she looks amazing! Prayers for Josh and his family...I cannot imagine how difficult their circumstances must be but do tuck them in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...one great hair CUT...meant to say...that is a GREAT hair cut! Wish I could have it.

      Delete
  6. Lord have mercy on your son and his family!!! .... I LOVE your new header!!! looks a bit like Tolkien's Tom Bombadil! :) love your art! your grands are so lovely!!! cute hair cut! Christ's comfort and peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your mushrooms remind me that pen outlining really does look GOOD. I might revisit those chickens ....
    I'm so glad Josh is back home. It might not be the end of his struggles, but it's so, so, so important to do what is good for the children, for their emotional security, to have their dad home. Even if they can be happy housemates for a while, it is good for the kids. Enjoy your cool weather knitting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)