Friday, September 1, 2017

September 1st?

Wow! Summer always goes by quickly. I'm looking at the seasons differently in this retired stage of life. I don't dread the onslaught of tourists in the summer because I don't have to wait on them! I can just enjoy their enthusiasm and share in it. Yay! Some of my blogging buddies, like Pom Pom and M.K. are beginning Fall Journals to celebrate this time of year. I'm not sure it's a good idea for me to begin yet another journal, so I may continue an old one instead. This is my altered book journal which I started about five years ago. It's an old copy of Barchester Towers. Shhh! Don't tell! It's about half full of scripture based art and I've been meaning to get back to it.
These little fellows are rather fall-like, don't you think? They just sprang up in my flower bed after some damp, rainy weather. Feel free to paint them for your fall journal!



I see I'm behind on posting pictures of my artwork. So, look out, here it comes!

My son, Josh, is back staying with me for a while. He and his wife are having some marital challenges which hinge a lot on mental health issues. Prayers appreciated! He's working on his masters degree and on starting an online business (bookkeeping). And he's trying very hard to stay in touch with his family while they work things out. It's bittersweet. I love having him here, but he'll be much happier when he can be back with his family. 

A Make Me Happy Bookmark swap. This is both sides of the bookmark.

 Here are the last three for a Loteria Swap. I posted #5 and 6 earlier.

 The theme of this swap was Dancing.



 The idea here was to use Letters and text in various ways.


For a Facebook swap. Theme: Castles

Another Facebook swap: Tiny Houses
 The cards below were for a Skull Swap. I chose to do mostly animal skulls. I forgot to take a picture of the finished cards after I painted them.

This is a 5x7 canvas I made for the monthly canvas swap. The lady I made it for was so touched. It reminded her of her deceased mom who loved to glue dried flowers to notecards and such. I had no idea! You just never know.

This swap was about Border Collies and sheep.
 The four cards below were for a Haunted House swap. Collage...not my forte!



 This was for a one-to-one trade. This gal likes gryphons.
 These four were for the September Bizarre Holidays swap.



These four were for a Papercutting Illustration swap.

A one-on-one trade.

Another private trade.

This was for a Make Me Happy Paint Chip ATC trade. It's painted on a paint sample card and has to have something to do with the paint color on the chip. This paint color was called Painted Desert Red. The gal I made it for also likes succulents, pottery and cats, so I worked those in.

Would you believe I'm sitting outside? This is the only place I can get good internet, but it's cold, windy and fall-like today so I'm going BACK INSIDE!

You folks have a great day with lots of shalom and fall fun! And have a great Labor Day weekend!



8 comments:

  1. Love the art! Neat about the 5x7 flower art! I found the fox one to be personally touching, I think it is the kind expression of the fox's face. I am so very sorry for your son's trouble. I have a friend whose spouse also went to counseling and was given terrible marriage destroying advice. The counselors like that are family breakers. I have said more prayers to our merciful Lord about this. Sending you love! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Josh. How difficult it must be.
    You have been very busy with your swaps! Good work, Lisa!
    You can just make a small journal for fall. Mine is not fat and it does not hold lots of space but it will be a dabble and also manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is a LOT of art! You've been busy. I love the bluish dried flower card. I'd like to do that too.
    I'm glad Josh is being well cared for. Maybe over time he will be able to care for the children. It seems he would be more able to care for the children than she would. But I hope they are able to be together again.
    And I love the bookmark!! That's my kind of ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like to see your artwork. I got a kick out of the quotation about the roommate that put eggs on to boil and went up for a nap. Something very similar happened in my son's complex when a woman put eggs on to boil and then left on a holiday. ( I'm assuming she was planning on taking them along??). Anyway, she had driven about an hour when she realized and called my son who of course has a pass key and was able to avert a very bad ending to this.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and Josh. It's a difficult situation and I'm so glad for Josh that you are there for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to you, Lisa, at this time. We live now in such a challenging world. So much attack. I love how your colour and joy comes through, even in these days, as you express what God has given you. The joy of the Lord IS our strength. I very much approve of the Irish dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lisa, I'm so sorry about your dear son Josh! You help as good as you can with deeds and prayers. It#'s so wonderful, that your son finds a place to find some rest and understanding in your home. I wish him the best for his studies and all his plans in this hard challenge! He will find his way how to life with this complicated illness of his wife, God is with him. Sometimes we cannot understand he plans of the Lord.....
    I'm so sorry for this young family!

    Your art is full of bright colours, as bright as you are, wonderful friend of your family and of all, who meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lot of wonderful and varied art, Lisa. I love the bookmarks and your scripture journal (wonderful idea!). Sorry about your son's marital dilemma. It is a blessing that you live near enough to offer Josh a place to stay while this all gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fun paintings and drawings! You're a busy painter/creator! Thoughts and prayers for Josh and his wife.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)