Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Back into the routine...

Well, Josh made it safely home with no problems. I've been visiting with him on Facebook and he seems to be in good spirits. I think they're relieved to have him back. I believe they're realizing just how much he does to take care of the family. So, I'll try not to keep harping on that subject, but will continue to pray without ceasing. That's what us moms are for! Here's a pic of Josh and daughter Starry hamming it up. She's a little actress!
Sully is walking! He just started a few days ago and he's having a blast. Micah had to build a "corral" to keep him in the living room where she can keep an eye on him, lol.
Then and now. :)
I spent a couple of hours babysitting Hazel and Adele while Micah took Audrey to gymnastics. She took Sully along with her. The girls did a lot of painting while I did a little housework to help out the busy mom. Then we played Hungry Hungry Hippo for quite a while. That game is usually kept on a high shelf because it's so noisy, but Grandma likes to let them play the noisy games and whistle on the recorders when the folks are gone. :)

Hazel made this Mr. Potato Head portrait for me at preschool. 
 This is one reason I love doing ATCs. I receive pretty envelopes like this in the mail. This one is from Greece. Can't wait to see what's inside! I'll save the stamps to use for collages.
 Then I have my language classes to look forward to. I'm trying to be very easy-going about the whole language thing. I do a lot of repetition, so I'm marching in place more than moving forward, but there's no pressure to get anywhere quickly. I just hope the Duolingo website hangs around until I'm finished using it! You just can't count on technology...
 These are my current books. I bought the Madeleine L'Engle Quintet of books a long time ago and I've read the first couple, but it's been so long I think I'll start over. It will be nice, light reading to go along with some books that take a little more deep thought and contemplation.
I finished my dishcloth, but I'm not going to show a photo. I began casting off a little too soon and ended up with a wonky looking corner. It will still work to wash dishes, but it ain't purty!

I hope you're all indulging in some cozy fall activities. I need to get up and move more so I'm thinking of listening to some worship music on YouTube and doing my exercises while I listen. There are videos of the worship meetings my son Jordan and his wife, Brooke go to in Dallas, so it will be fun to listen to those. (Upper Room-Dallas,TX)

Shalom for now!

7 comments:

  1. I love that L'Engle book!!!! I have wash clothes like that too! one looked like an abstract fish (kinda like a diamond shape) :) have a blessed and peaceful night! and enjoy that cup of tea! (thx for comment!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The not-so-pretty washcloths are probably a good thing. I won't hesitate to actually use them! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm another gran that let's the grands play noisy games ( yes, we have Hungry Hippo too).
    Hard to believe Sully is walking! How did that happen so fast?
    Love Madeleine L'Engle books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read L'Engle's books in years, since I met her. She was doing a reading in Kingsport, TN so a few of us went to it. I did enjoy her books though; glad Josh made it home safely and praying life goes well for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you truly studying three languages at once?? I can't imagine... unless you are already familiar with two of the three... I'll really look forward to hearing about this -- I looked back at some of your previous blog posts and didn't see anything about your decision to study these particular languages, for example.

    I'm going to check out Duolingo, because I recently got motivated to brush up on my German skills, when I ran into a German woman at church who spoke no English, and when she asked if I spoke German I told her in German "a little," and then I could not come up with enough words to form a whole sentence, even though in a faraway galaxy I was a German major in college. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I hope you enjoy the language lessons! I'll try to cover your question about why I chose those languages in my next post. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, if I had videos of my son leading worship somewhere, I would watch/listen to them so often! How wonderful. I'm so happy Josh is back there. I'm sure everyone will do better with him there to lead. I'm off to teach a weekly ladies' Bible study, then my Monday is my own again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)