Friday, June 8, 2018

Howdy!

Yay! A photo loaded! This is a painting I made for the monthly RAK (Random Act of Kindness) for a gal who had a surgery last month. These galaxy paintings are fun and pretty easy to make. If you want to give it a shot just type "galaxy painting" into the search box on YouTube. ;)

I've just been doing a lot of hanging out with Micah and the kids since last I visited. Babysitting and helping with housework. I'm blessed to have her nearby!
First and last day of Pre-K for Hazel.

Last day of 1st grade for Audrey!
Sully, sampling the ice cream.
I don't have a more recent photo of Adele, but this is cute, right? Grocery shopping at Walmart. :)
Adele just started a month of summer gymnastics, so I should have new photos of her soon.
The girls all have gymnastics and swimming lessons this summer, so Micah will be busy shuttling kiddos around. She loves to keep them involved! (They're blessed to have such a great mom!)

Did I show you this photo Micah made to announce her "expectancy" on Facebook?
She captioned it, "One of these things is not like the others."



Jordan and Brooke are traveling to Colorado at the end of the month to celebrate their first anniversary. Wow! That year went fast! They will stay at an AirB&B near Denver and will get in a visit with Jordan's older brother, Bob, who lives in Longmont. They're looking forward to just being tourists and seeing some of the places they've heard of from us older folks who used to live there.
Josh, Jess, Nathan and Starry seem to be doing well. Nathan was having some problems at school because of his bipolar/ADHD issues, so they are doing some summer homeschooling. If that goes well they may continue homeschooling in the fall. Josh and Jess are doing the Goodreads challenge along with me, and they just decided to read some classics such as Tom Sawyer. They're sounding positive, praise God!


Some ATCs I've finished lately...


This one was for the "House Shaped ATC" swap, so the card has to be shaped like a house, but otherwise you can do just about anything.

 Here are a few more house-shaped ATCs.
Yeah, I'm really into the galaxies lately, lol.

The gal I talked about in my last post, who wanted to minister to widows, never called and didn't show up this Sunday. SO, I decided to be a big girl and strike out on my own. I stayed for the business meeting after the service. That was a great way to learn in-depth just what the church is involved in and where they need help. I'm really glad I went. Afterwards I visited with some of the ladies and volunteered to help with vacation Bible school and with the ladies' missions group. I'm especially excited about the ladies' missions. It sounds like they are very active all year long with lots of projects that I would love to be a part of. This is such a hands-on church. A majority of the congregation seem to be very involved in helping. I learned that the pastor and his wife are trying to retire. Aw! But the Lord can bring someone else along who will carry on. Something to pray about! His retirement is contingent on selling their house. They will then move 15 miles down the road to live closer to their children. Can't blame them for wanting to do that! And maybe they'll be around for a while yet.

I think that's all the news for now. I did laundry and took a 30 minute walk down the trail while the clothes were washing. I've got to get better at doing that. Too much sitting! The weather was beautiful. We're having a nice summer so far.

You all enjoy your summer weather! I'm off to read blogs. ;)

Shalom and love!

7 comments:

  1. I really love the houses and the galaxies!

    Your new church must be thrilled to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. House-shaped ATCs are a cute idea... I like the ones you've done.
    I just finished reading Elizabeth and her German Garden and I noticed that you have read it too. What did you think of it? Did you enjoy it? I was somewhat disappointed having heard it was such a great book. Also, I read a short bio on Elizabeth herself and wasn't terribly impressed.
    Now I started reading Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm... a book I didn't read as a kid so I'm going to read it now. Better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like I kind of liked the Elizabeth book, but I thought she seemed kind of self-centered. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember a lot. :)

      Delete
  3. what a heartful and creative post again from Mama, Grandma and artist Lisa! Amazing woman you are!! A new baby on the way I think to see...... OOOOOOO Blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've found an active church. That's a wonderful blessing. Your daughter's announcement pic is adorable :) And I really, really like the night-sky painting. That mottled look is so cool! It's good to hear your good news from your kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)